Chandigarh is all set to celebrate the colourful festival ‘Holi’. In order to avoid the misbehave by the hooligans in the city during the festival, cops are also ready with their plans. Chandigarh police will be keeping an eye on hooligans for the city residents to play safe Holi. Police will be on high alert in the city to take strict legal actions against the violators. To make it a safe Holi for Chandigarhians, ‘we care for you’- Chandigarh Police will not leave any violators to trouble the residents of the city beautiful Chandigarh.
What’s the plan for this year Holi?
Where every Chandigarhian will be celebrating the Holi festival, most of the police personnel’s will be on duty to avoid the mishappening in the city. And for the same, a team of cops have been made by the DGP who will look after the hooligans on the city roads.
- To restrict hooligans, traffic cops will be wearing a body camera.
- 1120 cops will be put on the nakas.
- 20 Nakas will be put on different locations in Chandigarh.
- 6 DSPs, 200 traffic police, 23 inspectors, 150 PCR Staffs and 741 NGO volunteers will be on duty to avoid misbehaviour in the city.
- And 1500 cameras installed in and around Chandigarh will also have an eye on the hooligan activities.
As per the police, they will not allow any hooliganism in the festive season in the city. Even drink and driving will not be allowed on the day. And whosoever will be seen violating the rule, a strict action will be taken against them.
What happened last year?
Last year also Chandigarh Police was on high alert, during the Holi festival and many violators were sent to jail. In 2016 Holi festival, Chandigarh police have challaned a total 107 people for drink and driving and out of which 33 were sent to jail including college students for a month.
So Chandigarhians, enjoy Holi with friend and family, play safe and don’t trouble anyone. Because troubling other people, will lead you into trouble for a long time.
Also Read Out: