With the overuse of technology and social media, creating engaging videos for your users has become the key to standing out in the market. The internet is all about content, and advertisers who can’t think outside the box have a slim chance of succeeding.
To ensure you maximize sales, understand and thoroughly analyze how to get your customers’ attention. There’s no better way to do this than by posting engaging videos on your social media.
How to create engaging videos?
Discover the top 5 ways to create engaging and educational video content for your social media below.
1. Intrigue your audience
It is human nature to want to know what, why, how, where, and when. Humans’ own curiosity is what allows them to grow and progress.
When you make videos that stand out to your audience, you have a good chance of growing your customer base. Those that intrigue you have great potential to increase your views and help you generate leads.
There are a plethora of ways to make videos that induce curiosity for your potential customers. Make videos with tricks or trivia, for your customers to watch more often to understand.
Another idea is to create pre-release clips. This is a great content idea to encourage your audience to do branded research.
2. Know your audience
Understanding your audience is a key aspect of successfully marketing your products and services. A good, engaging video for your audience includes fully understanding them. This is the only way you can really learn to get their attention.
Because you don’t have real-time visual cues that allow you to know your viewer’s reaction, it’s critical to learn more about them through engagement signals.
Looking at factors like audience retention rate, likes, comments, number of viewers and subscribers, and so on, can help you measure your video’s engagement.
Creating feedback forms and surveys is also an excellent approach, as is learning more about what your audience is potentially looking for.
3. Create and edit high quality videos
In a technology-driven age, creating high-quality videos is key to grabbing the attention of your viewers. Videos like interviews, walkthroughs, tutorials, live streams, testimonials, vlogs, product videos, for example, are a great way to get your brand story out there.
If you have difficulties, hire a professional to increase the quality of the material. Online Video Maker tools can be the excellent option for tweaking and adding special effects, turning a simple recording into attractive, quality media.
4. Tell real stories
Storytelling is key to creating captivating clips on social media. It allows you to show a more personal and raw side of your brand to your customers, strengthening ties and earning your customers’ trust.
All you need to do is identify a plot that suits your brand best so you can sketch out a captivating narrative.
Once again, this is where the video editor comes in. It will include a good soundtrack and make strategic adaptations to make the material even more attractive.
5. Exercise flexibility with your video strategy
A video that is successful on one platform may not be well received on another.
Social media platforms have different requirements. Users of these platforms also have different preferences. You should be aware of these differences before releasing the videos.
For some, optimizing video content for different platforms can be a lot of work. You can hire video editors who would deliver professionally optimized content.
You can then distribute to multiple platforms by scheduling videos using social media management tools.
Here are some best practices to follow to create engaging video content on three of the most popular social media platforms.
- You have six seconds to wow the viewer. Users who linger beyond the first six seconds are more likely to watch the entire video.
- We are crazy about emotional content. Take advantage of this natural vulnerability. Create videos that appeal to people’s emotions.
- Most Facebook users watch videos without sound. This is a huge number that you cannot ignore. Include captions to engage people who have video turned off.
- We believe that videos uploaded directly to Facebook appear higher in the feed. Avoid posting the videos on YouTube and sharing their link on Facebook.
- Instagram is known for its creative and aesthetically pleasing videos. So make extra effort to increase video quality in every way.
- Instagram was not made for formal communication. So, give your videos personality and humanize your brand.
- Try different video formats. Both horizontal and square video formats have their pros and cons. Test both formats to see what your audience prefers.
- Tell a story, even if the video is only a few seconds long. Videos that inspire and educate perform well on Twitter.
- Add a call to action in the middle or at the end of the clip. Encourage viewers to like and share the content.
- Make videos mobile-friendly to avoid slow loading. Videos that load slower or consume a lot of mobile data will lose viewers.
Don’t be intimidated by video content because of the competition. The era of video content has just begun. Videos will help build brand awareness, connect with existing and potential customers, and increase conversions.
Create quality videos. It’s the only way to attract and interact with more viewers. Most importantly, follow the 5 ideas mentioned above. This will ensure that your videos and your brand stand out from the crowd.