National Crafts Mela is back in Chandigarh with its 8th edition. This time yet again full of fun, frolic, the good vibes and the golden imprints of time. To be held at Kalagram, Manimajra, Chandigarh, this festival is an embodiment of all the traditions & customs of our Country and what better way to display other than through its art and craft of different states. India being a country of various beliefs and philosophies has led Chandigarh to celebrate its pride towards Indian Arts and Crafts in the most subtle and beautiful way.
National Crafts Mela 2016 Chandigarh
Before we go any further, let us first take a glimpse of the venue and what all National Crafts Mela offers to visitors in Chandigarh:
What’s there at 8th National Crafts Mela in Kalagram:
- Entry gates designed on the theme of Rajasthan.
- Rangoli and Folk painters’ camp by renowned artists.
- Food court comprising 16 stalls offering traditional Indian Cuisines.
- Rajasthani Shilpa Gurus (Masters in the art of Sculpture).
- Other Rajasthan Handloom Handicraft artisans
- National Awardees showcasing their art forms.
- Sant Kabir Awardees in various domains of art and craft.
- daily Cultural performances with an emphasis on folk arts.
- Over 300 folk dancers, folk singers and instrumentalists showcasing their talents.
- About 170 stalls made of bamboo to be installed for all the artisans from all over the country.
Musical Nights at Kalagram, Chandigarh:
When it comes to celebrations and that too related to arts , music is the topmost. This ‘Mela” is not an exception thus, featuring some of the most eminent singers coming to enthrall the audience in their various styles of singing. Schedule for arriving artists goes like this:
- 4th November- Sufi Singing by Nooran Sisters
- 5th November- Miss Pooja
- 6th November- Fusion Band Performance
- 7th November- Performance by Master Saleem
- 8th November- Feroz Khan
- 9th November- Kulwinder Billa
- 10th November- Kamal Heer
- 11th November- Jaspinder Narula
- 12th November- Qawwali Performance by Anwar Rehmat Khan
- 13th November- Performances on Folk Dances, Instrumentalists and Folk Music. Daler Mehendi Performance will be the highlight for closure.
Lets hope that even this season National Crafts Mela at Kalagram 2016 turns out to be a great memory for lifetime for everyone who visits the venue.