Amrit Pharmacy has come to Chandigarh. The Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants (AMRIT) which is an initiative of the Health Ministry of India has opened up an outlet at PGI, Chandigarh. The best thing about Amrit Pharmacy is that the outlet offers medicines for cancer and cardiovascular diseases at a whopping discounts of 60% to 80%.
The first Amrit outlet in India came up at AIIMS, New Delhi in the month of November, 2015. PGI (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) at Chandigarh has become the second location for Amrit pharmacy which is expected to serve a lot of patients from Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and other parts of North India with essential medicines at discounted prices.
Some Features of AMRIT Pharmacy:
- AMRIT Outlets are managed by HLL Life Care Ltd (HLL), which is owned by Government of India.
- More than 250 drugs for cancer and cardiovascular diseases are available at AMRIT Pharmacy.
- All medicines are provided at huge discounted rates ranging from 60% to 80% flat discount.
- Anyone can buy medicines from Amrit Pharmacy at PGI Chandigarh and from AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Apart from medicines, cardiac implants are also available at Amrit outlets that too at discounted prices.
Amrit Pharmacy at PGI Chandigarh
Location: Amrit Pharmacy outlet at PGI Chandigarh has been opened inside Nehru Hospital.
It is a fully Air Conditioned (AC) area and a team of 12 trained employees will manage the Amrit chemist shop within PGI premises. These employees have been hired by HLL.
Chandigarh has a lot of chemist shops in almost all sectors. But almost all chemists and pharmacies sell medicines on MRP (Maximum Retail Price). Few shops do provide a discount of 10% to 20%, but the prices of essential drugs are still too high for those who are poor especially when treatment of deadly diseases like cancer or other cardiovascular problems in involved. More than 50% of people suffering from cancer leave their treatment after two or three cycles of chemotherapy because they are not able to afford those costly chemo drugs.
PGI is one of the best hospitals in India that sees a large number of patients everyday from all across north India. The opening of AMRIT pharmacy at PGI Chandigarh will surely be a great relief to thousands of patients who will now be able to buy medicines at 60% to 80% discounted rates.