Amritsar has got a new sarai ‘Saragarhi Sarai‘ for the pilgrims visiting the city of Golden Temple. The luxurious Sarai is situated along the Heritage Street and was inaugurated by the SGPC chief Kirpal Singh Badungar. The project of Saragarhi Sarai was commenced by the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee in December 2011.
SGPC Saragarhi Sarai at Golden Temple Amritsar
A total of Rs 44 crore has been spent in the making of the luxurious Saragarhi Sarai in Amritsar to provide the people who come to visit the Golden Temple as pilgrims better facilities than the normal sarais managed by SGPC.
The interiors of this SGPC sarai are very tastefully designed. The floors don marble and wooden floorings and the bed are made as comfortable as possible to give Golden Temple visitors perfect rest after a long and exciting day in Amritsar.
Saragarhi Inn-Space, Facilities and Pricing
- The SGPC inn Amritsar is spread across 1.13 lakh square feet area.
- The building is 9 storeys high.
- Has 226 general rooms and 12 VIP ones
- General rooms are for Rs 1,100 and VIP are from Rs 1,500-,1600
- This SGPC sarai is Fully Air-conditioned
- Well equipped with safety measures
- Has a waiting lounge with cafeteria
- Saragarhi Sarai Amritsar has Fire alarms
- CCTV cameras
- Solar plant for warm water
The SGPC officials in Amritsar are looking forward to providing free wifi facility to the visitors in the upcoming days.
Amritsar SGPC Sarai’s Historic Connection
The Saragarhi project is not only an Inn by SGPC made for the devotees but is also devoted to the martyrs of the Saragarhi Battle fought in 1897 to remember their bravery, pride and gallantry. The historic battle was fought between 21 Sikhs and 10,000 Afghans which resulted in the martyrdom of the 21 Sikhs.
Bookings at Amritsar SGPC Sarai
The rooms of the Saragarhi Sarai are open for bookings and are completely ready for the visitors to stay right away. Online booking option is not yet available. But SGPC will soon launch online bookings for the Sarai in coming days.
As of now, anyone can simply walk in the Saragarhi sarai building in Amritsar and book a room at the reception after completing the formalities.
Other Sarais near Golden Temple, Amritsar
Amritsar sees a lot of people visiting Golden Temple from across the world. Apart from hotels, Amritsar has a number of sarais that are meant for pilgrims who come to Golden Temple. Most of these sarais are taken care of by SGPC, Amritsar. Some of the existing sarais near Golden Temple are:
- Sri Guru Arjan Dev Niwas
- Sri Guru Hargobind Niwas
- Mata Ganga Ji Niwas
- Sri Guru Ram Das Niwas
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh NRI Niwas
- Baba Deep Singh Niwas
- Mata Bhag Kaur Niwas.
This new sarai named Saragarhi Sarai is in the luxury segment and will be managed by SGPC (Shromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee), Amritsar.
Also, Check Out
- You Can Now Be Fined For Vehicle Violation At Panjab University Chandigarh - 26/06/2017
- Kajol & Dhanush’s Movie VIP 2 (Lalkar) – Official Trailer Looks Promising - 26/06/2017
- DU Admissions 2017 | Cut Off, Documents Required & Important Dates - 26/06/2017
- Chandigarh’s Sector 17 Subway To Get Painted In Colorful Murals - 24/06/2017
- Mohali Gets Its First Organic Agriculture Market in Sector 76 - 24/06/2017