After Bahubali 2, Dangal becomes the second Indian film to enter the 1000 crore club in the box office collection. Aamir Khan’s Dangal has also made history by joining Bahubali 2 in the 1000 crore club. Released on December 23, 2016 Dangal has been loved by the audience. But after 6 months of its release, Dangal crossed the benchmark of 1000 crore in the box office.
Bahubali 2 entered 1000 crore club in just 10 days of its release. Thanks to China for their overwhelming response to Aamir Khan’s Dangal, because in just 10 days Dangal has collected Rs. 382.69 crore in China.
Dangal earns 1000 crore in the Box Office
We all were busy watching Bahubali 2 in India that has created huge records in terms of box office collection. But China has watched Dangal and let it also create history in the box office. After its release in India in December last year, Dangal has broken the records in Indian box office also by entering the 500 crore club.
- Dangal collected Rs. 1146.69 crore in the worldwide box office.
- Aamir Khan’s film Dangal has collected Rs. 744 crore from India and rest from overseas market.
- Dangal has become the second Indian movie to cross the 1000 crore bar in the box office collection.
- Crossed 500 crore bar in the box office in India only.
Dangal, which was a biopic of Haryana wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat has been appreciated by all in India as well as Abroad. Although it has crossed the 1000 crore benchmark with the help of collection from Abroad, but then also the maximum box office collection it has got from India only.
Highlights of Dangal in China
After winning the hearts of the Indian audience, Dangal has also strike the emotional chords of the Chinese audience. Dangal released with the name of ‘Shaui Jiao Baba’ that means Let’s Wrestle Dad. Aamir Khan’s Dangal released in China on 5th May 2017 and it has collected Rs. 450 crore in Chinese box office till now.
- Dangal has been released in 9000 screens in China.
- Released in 32 different languages and 1st shown in Beijing Film Festival.
- In just 10 days Dangal has collected Rs. 382 crore in Chines box office.
- Dangal becomes the first Indian Film as highest grossing in China.
Earlier, Aamir Khan’s PK was the first Indian film to cross the 100 crores at the box office in China, that too in 16 days. But now Dangal has broken PK’s record in its 1st weekend. Bahubali 2 and Dangal become the biggest movies in terms of box office collection. Let’s see which Bollywood actor or the movie can break the record and enter the 1000 crore club in the coming years.
Source: Indian Express