CBSE has suggested conducting the board exams of Class 10th & Class 12th on a common day in two shifts from next year on. Revising the Evaluation policy for better and quality checking of answer sheets, CBSE is has proposed to have a common date of conducting the CBSE Board examinations in two shifts for Class 10th & Class 12th board exams for next year on.
The proposal by the ‘Central Board of Secondary Education’ which is an important ‘Education authority’ in India has taken the nation and educationists by storm with CBSE’s radical approach towards amending the evaluation system for Class 10th & Class 12th board exams.
CBSE All Set To Revise Evaluation Policy
In an initiative to improve the present evaluation system of Class 10th & Class 12th board exam answer sheets, CBSE had called in eminent Principals of various schools and conducted a meeting in New Delhi & other important cities to strategies and devise new ways of conducting, scheduling and finally declaring results of the Class 10th & Class 12th board exams held annually by the CBSE board at a pan India level. CBSE’s decision is based on the criteria that, reducing the time period in days for holding Class 10th & Class 12th board exams on separate days, when clubbed would give sufficient time to evaluators to mark the answer sheets of the same.
CBSE Board Exam Proposal: Highlights
The proposal to incorporate amendments in the current evaluation system adopted by CBSE has following salient features.
- The proposal highlights conducting the Class 10th & Class 12th board exams on a common date
- Till now Class 10th & Class 12th board exams were conducted only in the morning shifts
- Extending the shift, Class 10th & Class 12th board exams on the same day shall be conducted in two shifts
- The two shifts as proposed by CBSE for Class 10th & Class 12th board exams would be morning and afternoon shift
- The move would reduce overall time of conducting the board exams by CBSE for both the classes, Class 10th & Class 12th
- Evaluators who check the Class 10th & Class 12th board exams of CBSE to have more time to check answer sheets
- The initiative to ensure quality checking and evaluation by fixing a time period of 6 hrs per day to check answer sheets
- The move by CBSE for Class 10th & Class 12th board exam evaluation to ensure two levels of checking by evaluators
- The move would even increase the evaluation fee of the teachers by around 20% for better work efficiency in evaluation
CBSE Class 10 & 12 Board Exam 2017 : Timeline
With so much of criticism served on a platter to the CBSE Board with the mismanagement and irrational approach towards the Class 10th & Class 12th board exams 2017, the board would no longer commit the same blunders as this years’. Right from delaying the starting date of exam date of Class 10th & Class 12th board exams in March 2017 to the prolonged days wherein it was conducted to the delay in the result declaration to scraping the moderation policy to High Court’s and SC’s involvement in decision making to finally huge errors in marking the answer sheets, CBSE did it all in the Class 10th & Class 12th board exams 2017.
Bringing a sigh of relief to many, the move is still a proposal and let us wait and watch what more serious steps CBSE takes to ensure better work efficiency in the evaluation of answer sheets and conducting the most prestigious Class 10th & Class 12th board exams in 2018.