Chandigarh Administration is coming up with a lot of plans for the development of the city beautiful. Apart from the development plans, they did not forget to help the blind students as now blind students will not have to pay for studying at the government colleges in Chandigarh.
No College Fee For Blind Students in Chandigarh
The blind students who are enrolled at the five government colleges of the Chandigarh for studying different courses will not have to pay for the next academic session. About 20-30 blind students are enrolled in each government college of Chandigarh under different courses and they will be getting this benefit from the 2017-18 session.
The UT higher education department state liaison officer said that the department has approved the proposal and very soon the colleges would be notified for the implementation of the proposal. The students had raised an issue regarding the fee exemption and later the department decided to approve it for the next session. He also said that all the government colleges will be following the norms set for the blind students.
Panjab University does exempt examination fee for blind students. They will have to shell out academic fees of Rs. 11,000 which depends whether the students are hostellers or day scholars.
The following government colleges of Chandigarh will be granting a fee exemption for the blind students
- Post Graduate Government College For Girls, Sector 11 Chandigarh
- Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11 Chandigarh
- Post Graduate Government College For Girls, Sector 42 Chandigarh
- Post Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh
The Promises Made Last Year Are Being Implemented This Year
The blind students had met the higher education department official several times and they were promised last year that there will be an exemption in the fee. But, the implementation was poor and the students had to deposit two fee instalments for the whole academic session.
The private colleges in Chandigarh are providing a good facility to the blind students by giving them a fee concession, Braille computer, and mentors.
The dean of DAV college, Sector Chandigarh said that there are 10 blind students enrolled in the college for different courses. Each student has to pay Rs. 500 annually for the admission. The college’s management does not charge anything else and is taking care of everything including the hostel fee if required. He said that this is the college management’s policy for the blind students and the college has not been given any instructions about the same by the higher education department yet.
GGDSD College principal said that GGDSD College, Sector 32 Chandigarh has 3 blind students and the college has set up a special cell for them where they are provided Braille mentors and also the computers with Braille software.
Source: The Times Of India
More From Chandigarh
- People Littering Chandigarh Will Now be Fined & The Amount is Huge - 29/04/2017
- Ludhiana – New Delhi Flights are Starting Soon & Here’re All The Details - 29/04/2017
- Reliance Jio is Launching Fibre Broadband Service With 100 Mbps Speed & Here’re All The Details - 29/04/2017
- 6 People Held in Amritsar With Old Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000 Notes - 29/04/2017
- Chandigarh | Sterilised Stray Dogs May Get Reflective Collars - 28/04/2017