Just like the stock market, Chandigarh’s petrol pumps will also have different prices of petrol and diesel daily. There is a possibility that people might face some difficulty but to make things convenient for the people the state-owned petrol retailers have launched an SMS alert service and also a mobile app.
People will be able to know the latest prices of petrol and diesel through the SMS alert service and also through the mobile application. This move will come into effect from midnight of May 1, 2017, and will be implemented at all the petrol pumps of Chandigarh. The prices of petrol and diesel will depend on the international oil prices and also on the fluctuation in Rupee-US Dollar
How Can People Know The Latest Fuel Prices
For the convenience of people, a mobile app named “Fuel@IOC” and an SMS alert service has been launched. IOC’s senior officer said that people who want to enquire regarding the fuel rates can also can IOC’s toll-free customer care number (9224992249).
People will also be able to see the fuel rates outside the petrol pumps on LED screens. The fuel rates project will be inaugurated on Monday at IOC’s Sector 33 Chandigarh petrol pump.
Everything You Need To About The Fuel Rates Project
- The total number of petrol pump stations in Chandigarh are – 41 (IOC, HPCL, BPCL)
- The daily change the in fuel rates will only be applicable in Chandigarh, Vizag, Udaipur, Jamshedpur and Puducherry.
- The fuel rates in Panchkula and Mohali will remain the same and will change after a fortnight.
- For knowing the latest and the revised rates of fuel, people can send an SMS. They should send an SMS to the toll-free number 9224992249 along with the RO code (Retail Outlet Code)
- People can also check the latest and revised rates on Fuel@IOC, a mobile application available for both Android as well as iOS users.
Source: The Times Of India
More from Chandigarh