The much talked about annual fest of Chandigarh called Chandigarh Carnival is back again for year 2016. This 3 day mega event ‘Chandigarh Carnival 2016’ is all set to give memorable moments to the city people. As always, 2016 Carnival at Leisure Valley in Chandigarh will promote budding talent of Chandigarh youth in the field of painting, craft,modelling, dancing and much more. Like previous years, Leisure valley is again decked up with colours of ‘Chandigarh Carnival 2016’ which is being held by Chandigarh Tourism from 25th to 27th November.
Chandigarh Carnival 2016
This time the entry is free but you’ll have to get a pass which is available at all tourist information centres across Chandigarh.
Highlights of Chandigarh Carnival, 2016
Chandigarh Carnival is not just any normal event but has a bit of something for everyone. It will include fun, dance, music and masti all around. Many well-known singer and performer of Bollywood and Punjabi Industry will be performing in the 2016 edition of Chandigarh Carnival.
- Carnival Parade (Floats).
- Police Band Performance.
- Vintage Car Display at Museum, Sector 10.
- Live performances throughout the day on Stage 1.
- Amusement Park, Camel rides and other joy rides.
- Cartoon Characters.
- Food stalls including CITCO da vehra.
Music Nights at Chandigarh Carnival
Music nights will be held on all 3 days. Here’s a schedule for the same.
- Bollywood Musical Night: On 25th November the Bollywood singer ‘Neeraj Shridhar’ who is popularly known for his band ‘Bombay Vikings’ will entertain the audience through his performance in Leisure Valley Chandigarh.
- Punjabi Musical Night: The famous Punjabi singer Babbu Maan will perform at Chandigarh Carnival 2016 on 26th November.
- Bollywood Musical Night: Apart from Neeraj Shridhar and Babbu Maan, the music composer and singer of Bollywood ‘Himesh Reshamiya’ will also entertain the people of the city on the last day of Chandigarh Carnival 2016.
Apart from musical nights, stalls, shopping and lots of fun & frollic, various competitions like painting, sit-and-draw, fancy dress, clay modelling and others will be organized. Lucky gift hampers are also available for visitors. Swings are yet another attraction at Chandigarh Carnival 2016.
The 3 day mega event will be a great place for entertainment and loads of fun for Chandigarhians. Eaither you a college going youngster or a mature person who has spent majority of life in the city, Chandigarh Carnival is one such fair in Chandigarh that should not be missed. So, be there at Chandigarh Carnival 2016 and enjoy!