Chandigarh College of Architecture (CCA) has opened the admission for the session 2017-18. The College was established 1961 in Chandigarh and aims at imparting education in architecture. Affiliated to the Panjab University in the Faculty of Design and Fine Arts, CCA offers a 5-year course in Degree of Building Science and Bachelor in Architecture.
After the admission, Chandigarh College of Architecture aims to train its students by exposing them to live problems, situation, and circumstances. The Five-year course at Chandigarh College of Architecture puts into practice an interdisciplinary approach encompassing numerous site visits, on the spot studies along with classroom sessions.
Students at CCA are encouraged to observe facts meticulously in order to analyze and evaluate them. This helps in the easy applicability of investigative studies carried out during the 10-semester course in architectural design.
Chandigarh College of Architecture covers every scope of Architectural Design. Classes at Chandigarh College of Architecture takes pride in their well qualified and experienced faculty. Also, classes are held by visiting faculty of eminent professionals from disciplines of architecture, planning, urban design, engineering, humanities, etc.
Courses/Subjects of CCA (Chandigarh College of Architecture)
Chandigarh College of Architecture offers Bachelor of Architecture, a five-year course recognized by the Council of Architecture. The course is divided into 2 stages:
Degree of Building Science: A 3-year course, 6 semesters have to be cleared as per college guidelines. University examination is held at the end of each semester.
Bachelor of Architecture: A 2-year course after completion of Degree of Building Science, Bachelor of Architecture is awarded after successfully clearing all semesters.
7th semester in CCA is inclusive of 24-week practical training in approved architectural offices/firms. The purpose of the training is to inculcate practical knowledge required in office and on the site. Practical training also facilities elimination of gap between theoretical and practical approach required whilst handling a project.
50% students get the opportunity to undergo their practical training in foreign countries like, Germany, France, Austria, Vienna, and Switzerland, etc.
Subjects of Specialization:
In the 8th and 9th semesters, students of Chandigarh College of Architecture have to choose preference for specialization in different course from the below-mentioned categories
- Interior Design
- Landscape Design
- Advanced Structures
- Town Planning
- Urban Design
- Architectural Journalism
- Construction Management
- Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Computers in Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Sustainable Architecture
- Disaster Management and more
Admission Criteria & Cut-off– Chandigarh College of Architecture:
Admission in Chandigarh College of Architecture for various courses is granted based on Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE Board. If in case you are planning to apply directly to the 2-year program of Bachelor of Architecture, make sure you have cleared JEE (MAINS) Paper II
Admission through NATA – Admission is also done on the basis of NATA guidelines. NATA is the qualifying entrance exam for admission to architectural courses offered by colleges in India.
*For detailed information about the course, applicants are requested to consult the college
Total Seats – Chandigarh College of Architecture
Total No. of Seats: 40
State Quota – 27
All India Quota – 5 Sports Quota – 2
Ward of Kashmiri Migrant – 1
Ward of Direct Descendents of Kargil Martyrs – 1
Nominee of deficient States/Union Territories – 5
- All India Quota – Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other states
- State Quota – For students who have passed 10+2 from Schools/Colleges located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration
- Seat for Kashmiri Migrants – Under this category, the student is requested to produce a certificate released Deputy Commissioner/Relief Commissioner of the concerned district stating that the student belongs to a migrant family from Jammu & Kashmir.
- A seat is reserved for the wards of Direct Descendants of Kargil Martyrs. The candidate seeking admission against this reserved seat is required to produce a valid certificate authorized by Ministry of Defence stating that he/she is a ward of Direct Descendents of Kargil Martyrs.
Eligibility Criteria for Nominees from Deficient States/UTs
- In order to seek admission in Chandigarh College of Architecture, the student must have scored at least 60% in 10 + 2 and must have cleared the qualifying examination in one go.
- The beneficiary States/UTs can nominate the candidates on either on the basis including
- Merit in the qualifying examination (10+2)
- Entrance Test conducted by the beneficiary State/UT
*For SC/ST candidates – The candidate seeking admission under SC/ST category must have successfully cleared the qualifying examination in a single sitting.
Chandigarh College of Architecture gives concession to meritorious students. In accordance with the scheme introduced by Chandigarh Administration, financial assistance will be granted to meritorious students belonging to SC category
Waiver on total fee amount will be given to:
- 1 woman candidate
- 2 economically weaker students (annual income of parents/guardians less than Rs.2.50 lakhs from all sources)
- 1 physically handicapped student
*Incase no student applies under the above-mentioned categories; in that case, a waiver will be applicable solely on basis of merit.
Fee Structure – Chandigarh College of Architecture:
Total Course Fee: Rs. 87,750
Fee of 1st Year: Rs. 17,150
Year 2 Fee: Rs. 17, 150
Third-year fee: Rs. 17, 150
Fee for 4th year: Rs. 17, 150
Year 5 fee: Rs. 17, 150
*The above-mentioned fee details are subject to change. Kindly visit the college before submitting the amount.
Chandigarh College of Architecture Hostel Facility
Chandigarh College of Architecture provides separate hostel facilities for both the genders. In order to apply for the hostel room, kindly visit the website/college and enquire the same.
Fee charges are:
For Males: Rs. 19,200
For Females: Rs. 19,200
Placement Cell @ Chandigarh College of Architecture
Chandigarh College of Architecture has a dedicated Placement Cell that serves as an important link between graduates and prospective employers. The Placement Cell at Chandigarh College of Architecture invites companies to conduct interviews/selection of students of CCA in order to ensure suitable placements of students.
Address: Sector 12, Chandigarh – 160012