Chandigarhian will paddle for the 6th Season of Chandigarh Cyclothon on 15th April 2018. After successful 5 editions, once again the Cyclothon 2018 has hit the city for a great 6th Season. With the initiative to encourage cycling in the city beautiful, Chandigarh Cyclothon has been organized each year in the city by Sports management company with the help of Chandigarh Administration.
Even Chandigarh Administration has banned the use of Vehicle inside the premises on Wednesdays to encourage cycling in the city as well as make sure of the health of their employees. With the same aim, Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 is all set to make people of Chandigarh paddle on 15th April. So if you are willing to be a part of this Cyclothon 2018 in Chandigarh, then check out more details regarding the same below.
Details (Dates & Registration) of Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018
The main of Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 will be conducted on 15th April. But prior to it, the organizers will be holding a Green Conserve Health Fitness (GCFH Expo) at Sector 17 plaza on 13th & 14th April 2018 from 10 Am onwards along with loads of fun activities & live band.
Date: 15th April 2018
Time: 5 Am onwards
Venue: Staring From Matka Chowk, Jan Marg, Chandigarh
Register yourself: Click here
Registration charges: Starting from Rs. 200 to Rs. 1500
Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 also have a registration fee depending on the type of race you choose. Check here
- Race MTB (Price- 1500)- 18 years & above can participate in this race on MTB Bikes. It has been a competitive & 50 kms timed race.
- Race Road/ Hybid (Rs. 1000)- 18 years & above can participate in this race on Hybrid & Road bikes. It has been a competitive & 50 kms timed race.
- Green Ride (Non-competitive, fee- Rs 500)- Open for all age groups & it will be of 7.5 kms.
- Divyang Ride (Non-Competitive, Registration of Rs. 200)- Open for all age group of Specially-abled individual & it will be of 5 kms.
Also Rs. 300 extra will be charged from the participants, who are willing to have bicycles on rent during the event.
Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018: Routes & Prizes for the Winners
Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 will begin from mid of Jan Marg as same the last year and will head towards the chowk intersecting Uttar Marg, then will return to the start point from Matka Chowk. And traffic of the routes will be diverted to other roads during the Cyclothon 2018 in Chandigarh. Police will also be deployed at the routes to look after any mishappenings & maintain law-order.
Whereas the winners of Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 will be given away huge amount as a prize. Check out the prize details of different competitions in Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018-
- MTB & Hyrbird race- The winners of this race during Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 will get Rs. 25000, Rs. 15000 & Rs. 10000 for first, second & third position respectively.
- Whereas 10 lucky winners will win Rs. 10000 each for the Green Ride.
- And gift hamper of Rs. 1000 will be given to all the participants if Divyang riders.
So come along with your cycles, be a part of a great event of Chandigarh Cyclothon 2018 & spread the message of peddling in the city beautiful. Mark the date- it’s 15th April 2018.