After facing huge cash crunch post demonetization in November, the city beautiful Chandigarh is trying to ‘go cashless’. To help the city ‘Go Cashless’ and encourage the cashless transaction in Chandigarh, UT administration is organizing a ‘Digi Dhan Mela’. On 10th of January, UT administration is all set to come up with ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ in Parade Ground, Sector 17. Kirron Kher will inaugurate the mela in Chandigarh at 3:30 PM. UT Administrator V P Badnore and UT Adviser Parimal Rai will also attend the mela. ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ will make Chandigarhians aware about the Cashless transaction for any purpose.
‘Digi Dhan Mela’, Chandigarh Highlights
Over 100 stalls will be put up in the ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ by banks and various organizations. Many new applications will be launched for the digital transaction in ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ of Chandigarh.
- Banks, Common Service Centres (CSCs), Private or Digital payment service providers will encourage consumer and merchants to adopt digital payments.
- Opening of new accounts, Aadhaar seeding of accounts and PoS machines will be distributed in the mela.
- An application named ‘Cashless Dangal’ will be launched in Football Ground at 4:30 PM.
- Celebrity guests like Ayushmann Khurrana and Indian Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt will also be present during the launch of the application.
- Users of digital payment mode like RuPay Card, USSD, UPI and AEPS will also be given prizes by the Government.
- Cultural programs will also be conducted to ensure safe transaction of digital transactions.
After the success of the occasion in many cities of India like Pune, Mumbai, Gurugram, Vijaywada and so on. Chandigarh is also being a part of such mela to match them to the criteria of smart city and help the city to get out of cash crunch.
Benefits of ‘Digi Dhan Mela’
You may have waited for hours in bank or ATM queues for your own money during demonetization. Even many people have opted for digital transaction to get off the cash crunch. ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ will help to the increase the number of people for digital/cashless transaction.
- There will be a decrease in number of fraud cases of digital transaction in the city.
- Awareness between people for cashless transaction .
- Opportunity to know the process of cashless transaction of different banks under one roof.
- Get relief from your heavy wallets.
Just visit and gather more and more information regarding the digital payment process and new options of digital payment in Chandigarh. And help the city beautiful to be the first cashless city of India.
- Women Kidnapped and Raped At Gunpoint in Panchkula - 19/01/2017
- Research Centres on Le Corbusier & Chandigarh Architecture to Come up in City - 18/01/2017
- Chandigarh | Water is Being Pumped Into Sukhna Lake From 7 Tubewells - 18/01/2017
- Vodafone Launches 4G Services (SuperNet) in Chandigarh - 18/01/2017
- Admission Procedure in Chandigarh Schools | Eligible Candidates List Out - 17/01/2017