People in Chandigarh are crazy about cars and many of them are also choosy about their car number. Getting a VIP registration number for your vehicle in sets your vehicle apart from hundreds of the other vehicles on the road and in the case of Chandigarh, this is simply the trend. If you want to get a VIP number for your car in Chandigarh and want to know how the RLA auction works for the same, this guide is for you.
VIP Car Number & their Price in Chandigarh
Everything comes at a price. So before we dig into Chandigarh RLA auction, it is nessasary to know how much does a VIP Number costs. It will also give you an idea as to participating in RLA auction at Chandigarh or not. Registration & Licencing Authority of Chandigarh has fixed a reserve price for each special number. Here’s the list:
- The minimum reserve price for the number 0001 is Rs. 50,000.
- Rs. 30,000 have been fixed as the minimum reserve price for the numbers like 0002 to 0011, oo33, 0044, 0055 and so on.
- For the numbers like 0111, 0222, 1111, 2222, 1000, 2000 and much more the minimum reserve price of Rs. 20,000.
- Rs. 10,000 has been fixed for the numbers like 0123, 0202, 1010, 1234 and more.
- Whereas, if you opt for any other number of your choice, then the minimum reserve price is Rs. 5000.
Guys, this is just the minimum reserve price. This means that the auction for these numbers starts from this price. The highest bid for 0001 goes into lakhs of rupees and people in Chandigarh have the ability to pay.
Chandigarh RLA e-Auction Procedure
To buy a VIP vehicle number in Chandigarh, one has to go through e-auction and follow the proper way for the application that includes:
- The first step is to register for e-auction online on Chandigarh Administration Transport Department website: http://chdtransport.gov.in/.
- You can only participate in the auction if you have a valid Chandigarh address proof and have given the same address while purchasing your vehicle.
- Applicant must have the Sale Letter (Form no. 21), address proof and Adhar card of Chandigarh during e-auction.
- The address should be same on the Sale Letter as mention on the residential proof of the owner.
- After the registration in e- auction, the owner will obtain a Unique Acknowledgement Number (UAN).
- One has to submit a non- refundable fee of Rs. 500 for e-auction registration in the RLA office located in Sector 17.
After the submission of the amount, the bidder will get system generated login id and password by the RLA of Chandigarh through SMS or e-mail. As E-auction is an open auction, there is no first come first serve basis of giving away the numbers, but the numbers will be given away to the highest bidder.
Important points for the auction
- One can bid for maximum 5 different VIP numbers in Chandigarh.
- In order to gain more than one of such VIP numbers in Chandigarh for various vehicles, you will have to register separately for each number and hence get a unique ID for each of them.
- One can make bids only in multiples of 1000/- Rupees.
- In case you successfully bid for 2 numbers as the highest bidder, you will be awarded the number on which you placed a higher bid. The other number shall be given to the second highest bidder. But, this is in case you are applying for several bids for different numbers for one vehicle. If you apply for a different number for a different vehicle, you can get both the numbers as suggested by the point number 2.
So, if you have been looking for a CH VIP number, make sure that you keep checking the website for higher bids on your choice even after you finish yours, because a person with a higher bid will eventually get the number.