Chandigarh is on a mission to be India’s leading Smart City. To raise awareness among people and get ideas from city residents, UT administration along with MC organized a walk for ‘Chandigarh Smart City’ mission at Sukhna Lake. The path for the walk was from Sukhna Lake to Bougainvillea Garden in sector 3 and back. Thousands of people including school children participated in the walk with enthusiasm and shared their ideas to make Chandigarh a smart city.
The walk was flagged off by Vijay Kumar Dev, UT advisor. Along with him, other officials of the Chandigarh Administration including Anurag Agarwal and SDM Danish Ashraf also participated in the walk. A smart city workshop was also held at CII office in Sector 31 where top officials discussed various actions to be taken in order to make Chandigarh a smart city.
Highlights of Chandigarh Smart City Walk
- Walk was organized on the main road from Sukhna Lake to Bougainvillea Garden in sector 3 and back to Sukhna Lake.
- Thousands of people walked to mark their presence at the Smart City Walk.
- Over 700 school children participated in the walk.
- Senior citizens also showed immense enthusiasm.
- A flash mob was organized by a leading dance group of Chandigarh.
- Residents were asked to give their ideas to make Chandigarh a smart city.
- A canvas wall was made where people could paint or write their ideas to make Chandigarh a smart city.
Chandigarh Smart City Canvas Wall
The Chandigarh Smart City Canvas Wall was the main attraction of the Smart City Walk organize at Sukhna lake. This is a temporary wall of 200 feet which has been set up on the road side. Chandigarh residents painted their ideas to make Chandigarh a smart city. People wrote slogans for the city and drew images about how they want to see their city. A team of students from Arts College, Sector 11 led by Professor Ravinder Sharma drew excellent art work on the wall.
Chandigarh smart city mission is not just a mission of the government but it is a collective effort of everyone residing in Chandigarh. The smart city mission has got an excellent response from all walks of life and we might see Chandigarh as an ideal city or maybe the first smart city of India in the near future. Three Cheers to Chandigarh!!
- Chandigarh | Jump Traffic Lights & Instantly Get Challan On Your Phone - 24/03/2017
- New Punjab Govt Must Support Struggle For Justice for 1984 Sikh Massacre – Amnesty International - 22/03/2017
- JW Marriott Chandigarh is Organizing a Yum Cha Festival & Their Dim Sums are Awesome - 20/03/2017
- Vintage Salon, Sector 26, Chandigarh - 20/03/2017
- Asian Billiards and Snooker Championship to be Held in Chandigarh from April 8 - 17/03/2017