Central Teacher Eligibility Test popularly known as CTET 2017 is all set to test your eligibility as a teacher soon. As per government’s instructions, CTET 2017 is scheduled to test a teacher’s ability to be able yo teach the students. Serving as minimum qualification test which needs to be fulfilled in order to fetch a job in teaching, CTET 2017 is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
CTET 2017, Notification & Exam Date
No notifications at the official site has been released as of now, so here are tentative dates as to when the process shall start.
Exam Notification Date : First week of June
Online Application form Start Date : Third Week of June
Online Application form Last Date : Second Week of July
Last Date for CTET 2017 Submission of Fee : Second Week of July
Date of admit card download : August second week
CTET 2017 Examination Date: Second Week of September
CTET 2017 Application Form and Fee
The application form for CTET 2017 would be available at the official site www.ctet.nic.in soon. The application fee is INR 600 for one exam (either Paper I or II) for General/OBC Candidates whereas for both the exams is INR 1000. Also, the application fee for SC/ST/Differently abled candidates, the fee for one exam would be approx. INR 300 and for both the exams would be INR 500.
The mode of payment for CTET 2017 can be done either in the form of remittance via E-Challan for specific banks or via any credit/debit card.
CTET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for CTET 2017 is defined differently for various categories divided into : Primary and Elementary stage.
Primary Stage for Classes 1 to 5, the criteria is any of the mentioned below :
- Either atleast 50% marks in senior secondary level or 2nd year diploma in elementary education
- Either atleast 45% marks in senior secondary education & passes or appearing in 2nd year diploma of elementary education (as per NCTE)
- Either atleast 50% marks in senior secondary level or appearing in B.EI.Ed
- Either graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year diploma programme in elementary education
Elementary Stage for Classes 6 to 8, the criteria is any of the mentioned below:
- Either graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-yr diploma in elementary education
- Either graduation with atleast 50% marks or appearing in first year of B.Ed
- Either graduation with atleast 45% marks or appearing in first year of B.Ed accoding to NCTE
- Either atleast 50% marks in senior secondary level or appearing in final year of 4-yr of B.Ed course for CTET 2017.
- Either atleast 50% marks in senior secondary level or appearing in final year of combination courses like B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed
CTET 2017 Exam Syllabus
The official site of CTET 2017 strictly encourages its aspirants to stick to the textbooks which are autheticised by the CBSE itself. The textbooks and syllabus are suggested by NCTE to prepare well in the field of education. The syllabus can be taken a look at the official website if CTET and here’s a direct link so that you do not go through hassles of searching and eventually misleading you.
CTET 2017 Exam Validity
The validation of the exam has the most sought after approach because months of toil and efforts are wasted if the validation fails to prevail. The most amazing thing about CTET certification is that its validity remains throughout a period of 7 years from the date of result declaration. Also, incase required a person my re-take the test to improve his score, which is an added advantage.
No matter how hard or how easy the examination in the world goes like, Teaching has always been and still the No. 1 profession in the world which arms the other disciplines as well. And conduction of qualifying criteria of the very same is definitely a task which the ministry and CBSE have been dealing with. So, here’s to all the aspiring “Teachers-to-be”, a big thumbs up and All the best !!!