Punjab Raj Bhawan, the official residence of Governor of Punjab in Chandigarh has decided to get a mini replica of Rock Garden in the house. Chandigarh’s famous Rock Garden has been curated by Nek Chand whose motto of “Best out of waste” was incorporated while designing the entire garden.
Going by the same motto while incorporating the same at a miniature level at the residence of Administrator of Chandigarh at Punjab Raj Bhawan in Sector 6, Chandigarh, the mini replica of our very own Rock Garden in Chandigarh shall soon find its new abode.
Salient Features of Mini Rock Garden at Raj Bhawan in Chandigarh
The key features that are aimed to be installed at the mini version of our popular Rock Garden in Chandigarh at Punjab Raj Bhawan are listed as follows:
- Famous sculptures to be installed at the entrance of the Punjab Raj Bhawan, Chandigarh
- Son of the curator Nek Chand, Anuj Saini to do the honours of designing the mini rock garden
- Sculptures of animals like deers, wolves, dogs and ducks to be replicated in the design preparation
- Sculptures to be made from waste materials to stick to the existing concept
- Materials to be used are concrete, steel reinforcement, wires, cables, etc.
- Installations to be made at the open space to the left of Punjab Raj Bhawan entrance
Theme based design of Mini Rock Garden at Raj Bhawan in Chandigarh
Sticking to the original theme of Rock Garden Chandigarh to but the waste material at its best utilisation, the concept had taken the world at its stride bringing in recognition to the Rock Garden Chandigarh from all corners of the world. It is an amazing deal that Chandigarh Administration has decided to replicate the same concept within the city and has given due credit to the curator Nek Chand by bringing the ideas and concepts of his son in the dream project,
A landscaper by profession, Saini aims to impart justice to the existing theme by amalgamating his ideas onto the theme based design. Chandigarh, whose urban planning has been done by the French Architect Le Corbusier has left no stone un-turned to bag the title of “City of Gardens”. And why not, when even gardens of the city beautiful boast of being designed and curated on a theme, for instance, Rock Garden in Chandigarh.
The move has been welcomed by all and feels like the oldie Rock Garden Chandigarh is soon going to impart its DNA to the mini version of it that is coming up at Punjab Raj Bhawan in the form of a baby !!!
Source: Times of India