Delhi University (DU) is one of the prestigious educational institutes of India that has eminent personalities from every field as its alumnus. The degree rendered at any college of Delhi University holds a great significance in the career of students at later stages. Maybe that is the reason why after passing out from school, every student from the north and other parts of the country aims to get admission in Delhi University.
Every year, thousands and thousands of candidates go through the freaking admission procedure of the DU, to get enrolled in the course or program of their choices. For which, the hard work commences from the very beginning of the school, when the candidates have to score hare in their eleventh and twelfth standard by scoring high in their board exams, which will affect the merit for their admissions in DU colleges. Thousands of applications come every year, who want to seek admissions in Lady Shri Ram College for Women, St. Stephen College, Hindu College, Hansraj College, Ramjas College, Kamla Nehru College, Kirorimal College, Indraprastha College for women, Shri Ram College for Women and other renowned colleges affiliated to Delhi University.
Helpline started for Delhi University admissions 2017
With the onset of June month, Delhi University has kicked off with its admission process for the session 2017-18 for all graduates and post graduate courses. DU has a helpline number 011-27006900 handled by the University Information Centre (UIC) to help out students with the admission procedure. The UIC alone is receiving over 6000 calls per day regarding the admission queries from across India.
This helpline number works as a BPO from 9 am to 5 pm, where 12 student volunteers and interns are dedicatedly deployed for the students’ assistance regarding admissions. The applicants, as well as their parents, call on the helpline number of their queries like- which is the best college for them to seek admission, what was the highest cut-off list last year, program fees, hostel fees, course curriculum and many more. This helpline number for the admission DU will continue till July 31.
Other than the helpline number, applicants can also write an e-mail for the query at email@example.com or can call on 7982991983 and 8967657510 for queries related to the payments.
Highlights of Delhi University admission 2017
- Delhi University cut off the list will soar higher the gold price in India. It is estimated that the cut-off list will be fairly highly and will go up till 98% plus.
- Delhi University is coming up its own Journalism School for the academic year 2017-18. This journalism school will have integrated three years bachelor and two years master courses for the students.
- The University is also thinking to start the postgraduate diploma in Cyber Security and Law from the academic session 2017-18.
- This year, the cut-throat race to get admission in DU have multiplied then the previous years. Over 2 lakh students have applied for admissions in the Delhi University by now while there are only 56000 seats available.
- Not only the admissions in DU is a herculean task but to get the hostel is also a great project. To top it on, the Delhi University has this time doubled the hostel fee for the students. Earlier, it was Rs 1200 per month which is now double to Rs 2400 per month.
DU admissions 2017 for M.Phil and Ph. D courses
Delhi University started registration for the Postgraduate courses – M.Phil and PhD online on DU’s official website du.ac.in. The registration for these courses will close on June 22 while the entrance exam (online) will be scheduled for July 1 and 6. Results of which will be announced by July 12 followed by interviews.
Stay tuned for more updates on Delhi University admission 2017 and the cut- off lists for various course.