Punjab District of Mohali aka SAS Nagar has turned 11 years old as it boasts of being one of its kinds in the entire state of Punjab. Getting the honour of a district on April 14, 2006 Mohali inaugurated by the then CM of Punjab, Amarinder Singh, Mohali is the 18th district of the state of Punjab. Bragging about being a world class city continuously transforming and reforming itself to come up to the level of Chandigarh city, Mohali which was born in 1975 is leaving no stone un-turned to flourish itself on the grounds of development.
Mohali – A world Class City of Punjab
Mohali district boasts of having everything ranging from great schools to colleges to amazing IT companies in the region. State-of-the art infrastructure and development of international level facilities, here’s a list of what Mohali has risen to in these 11 years.
- Education and Knowledge city including IISER, ISB, NIPER etc.
- International Airport of Mohali
- International Cricket Stadium
- New District Administration and Judicial Complex
- Air conditioned ISBT
- AC Fruit and Vegetable Market
- World class Cyber Crime Cell
- Forest Complex Glass Building
- Well connected road Network
- Airport link via road network
- North Country Mall, bigger than Elante Mall
Mohali and its Journey of 10- years
The 10-year long journey and its achievements have a visual evidence when one visits the Mohali city of Punjab. The Chandigarh’s neighbour Mohali has been developed and planned on the footsteps of Chandigarh city giving it a serious shape of what the city has turned out to be like today. Mohali has world class infrastructure and facilities owing to greater space and land available procured from nearby villages which now come under the district.
The developments that have taken place in a decade are worth talking about. The most livable city of Punjab, Mohali has done a tremendous effort in building up its charm and facilities to attract young working population to mob the city for various opportunities in education and job. Talking in numbers and figures, the statistical data states that a population 8.5 lac got increased to a whopping 11.5 lacs in past one decade, marking better opportunities for large influx coming from Punjab.
Developments From 2006 to 2017
- 200-foot-wide roads in the city
- 24×7 power supply for Mohali residents
- Sufficient Drinking water supply
- Mechanised sweeping technology
- International Hockey Stadium
- Sports stadia
- State headquarters of several departments like PUDA, PSEB, PSPCL etc.
The First Ever Things That Came to Mohali
The most developed city of Punjab and Chandigarh’s little baby that has flourished so well boasts about lots and lots of developments that are one of its kinds and got introduced like the first ever of its agenda on the State Map.
Here’s a list of all such developments that were the beginning of a New Era for the Mohali City :
- First ever AC Mandi (Fruit & Vegetable Market)
- First ever AC ISBT
- First ever Kisan Vikas Chamber
- First ever creche for children of staff in Judicial Complex
- Punjab’s first International level Cricket Stadium
- Punjab’s first IT City
- Tricity’s biggest mall – North Country Mall
- Knowledge City
- Development of New Chandigarh in the region
- New Chandigarh to have Edu City, Medi City
- Soon to have Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital
Future Development Plans of Mohali
Developmental plans are now in their advanced stage of planning and scheduling before the execution happens. Here’s a list of all such plans that you may see in a few years time from now.
- City’s own Public Transport Service
- Development of Aero City around International Airport
- IT City to flourish to create job opportunities for youth
- Medi City – to have world class medical facilities for Mohali residents
- Edu City – to atttract student community around the globe
- Skyscraper – World Trade Centre, only one of its kinds in tricity
Mohali vs Chandigarh
Isn’t that an achievement in itself. The Chandigarh city that boasts of being conceptualised by Le Corbusier finds its competitor Mohali that flourished on its footsteps only. Giving Chandigarh a stiff competition, Mohali has done reasonable well in building up great infrastructural facilities, cleanliness, maintenance and establishment of Educational Institutions and what Not !!
As the baby turns 11 today, it is adorning its dad’s (Chandigarh’s) shoes. Mohali city takes pride in a lot of arenas that bring laurels for developmental authorities for the commendable job they have done all these years. But, don’t mistake these activities for their achievements because for them , the jargon is “Miles to go Before I sleep.”
Also Read :