The Ducati 1299 Superleggera, with only 500 units worldwide, is indeed going to be a prized possession for the owners of this super bike. The super bike derives its suffix from the the Italian word Superleggera which means ‘super light’. Ducati 1299 Superleggera is the most exotic, exclusive and extreme road-going Ducati yet. Surprisingly, all the 500 units of the Ducati 1299 Superleggera, have been sold. Well, one out of the 500 units of the Ducati 1299 Superleggera has already arrived in India! Yes, that’s right, the Ducati 1299 Superleggera is here in India, and carries a price tag of a whooping 1.12 Crore (Ex-showroom Delhi), 1 crore 12 lakh and 20 thousand rupees to be precise.
What makes Ducati 1299 Superleggera special
- The Ducati 1299 Superleggera is a limited edition bike.
- With only 500 units worldwide, the Ducati 1299 Superleggera is the much sought-after bikes in the world.
- It’s majorly made out of carbon fiber.
- It is the world’s first factory produced motorcycle to feature numerous carbon fiber bits at once.
- All the major parts such as the frame, sub-frame, swing arm, wheels and few other parts have been crafted out of carbon fiber that makes this bike super light.
Features and Specifications
- Frame/Chassis – Monocoque in carbon fiber
- Engine- 1285 cc
- Power – 215 HP @ 11,000 rpm
- Torque – 146.5 NM @ 9,000 rpm
- Cooling – Liquid-Cooled
- No. of Gears – 6
- Front Suspension – Fully adjustable 43mm USD Öhlins FL 936 fork with TiN treatment, billet fork bottoms and lightweight stress-optimized outer tubes, lightweight springs
- Rear Suspension – The Rear suspension is Fully adjustable. TTX36 shock with titanium spring, adjustable linkage between progressive/flat.
- Front Wheel – 120 mm, Tyre 120/70 ZR17
- Rear wheel – 130 mm, Tyre SP 200/55 ZR17
- Kerb Weight – 167 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 17 litres
- Front Brake – 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Evo M50 4-piston callipers with Cornering ABS, Brembo MCS 19-21 adjustable-ratio front brake master cylinder, remote lever adjuster.
- Rear Brake – 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Cornering ABS.
- Wheelbase – 1456 mm
Components of Ducati’s 1299 Superleggera, and the engine of this super bike make it the most powerful factory twin-cylinder bike ever built. With the one and only bike that has arrived in India with a ‘Sold’ tag makes it a ‘dream-never-fulfilled’. Well, curious to know who is the owner of this one of its kind super bike in India? The owner of first Ducati 1299 Superleggera is motorcycle enthusiast Vikram Oberoi. He is a passionate motorcyclist and owns numerous bikes, including a Ducati 1299 Panigale S, the Ducati 1098 and a Ducati 916.