Flipping through magazines, sipping coffee and shopping at the duty- free stores is what keeps you busy while waiting for flight to board at the airport. Well, here is the good news for the passengers, travelling from Chandigarh as the newly operational Chandigarh International Airport is soon to get duty-free outlets on its premises. The airport authority has invited the tenders from various brands to kick off with two duty-free outlets at the airport.
Duty free shops @ Chandigarh Airport
As published in The Indian Express, Chandigarh airport authority officials have mentioned that global tenders are invited to open duty free shops at the Chandigarh International Airport. As per the plan, one duty-free shop each will be open at the arrival and departure area of the airport only when the authorities selects brands via tender.
About Chandigarh International Airport
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Chandigarh International Airport in 2015.
- Lack of facilities for the passengers at the airport attracted lots of criticism to the airport authorities.
- The airport authorities got slammed by the Punjab and Haryana High Court too for not providing basic amenities to the passengers at the airport.
- Also the work of Wi-Fi installation at Chandigarh International Airport was awarded by the Airport Authority of India (AAI) after more than a year of its inauguration.
- BSNL is in the process of getting the wi-fi equipment installed and is likely to provide services at the airport in the coming month.
International flights from Chandigarh
Chandigarh International Airport commenced international flights from last year only. Of lately, several new international flights have been added by several airlines from Chandigarh. With the upcoming add-on amenities to the airport, the number of both domestic and international passengers have increased. The authorities need to work towards facilitating food and beverage outlets and a CIP (commercially important person) lounge for the passengers, which will soon be added.
Also, Read On
- Thailand Week (Thailand Fair 2017) @ Himachal Bhawan, Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- 5 Big Fat Celebrity Weddings That Happened in Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- Ever Thought About Getting a Tattoo? Yeti Ink in Sector 15 Chandigarh Can Be Your Best Bet - 29/03/2017
- 7 Places to Have Navratri Food in Panchkula - 29/03/2017
- 5 Places to Buy Cultural Punjabi Stuff in Chandigarh - 28/03/2017