Entire nation went into a panic when Prime Minister Narendra Modi banned Rs. 500-1000 denominations. To fight against unauthorised cash flow and black money, PM issued a statement wherein he said that all the old notes of Rs. 500 and 1000 will have to be exchanged at the bank and new notes of Rs. 2000 will be issued.
The new 2000 Rs. note is smaller than the old Rs. 1000 note. It is of size 66mm X 166mm.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the purple colored notes:
- Devnagri script has been used to write denominational numeral 2,000. It is written in micro letters. Also, RBI is written on the left side of the note in the same language.
Register in Light:
- A see-through register and numeral 2,000 can be seen when the currency is held against light.
Mahatma Gandhi ki Jai!!
- Picture of Mahatma Gandhi is portrayed at the centre.
Mars Mission Successful:
- Image of Mangalgyan and logo and tagline of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan can be seen. In order to celebrate India’s Mars Mission, the reverse side of the note features a motif of Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)
Color Change from Green to Blue:
- There is a windowed security thread with Bharat, RBI and 2,000 in scripted. Color of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is slightly tilted.
Mahatma Gandhi still takes the Centre:
- Portrait of Gandhi and electrotype watermarks along with governor’s signature, promise clause and RBI emblem are placed on the right side of the new currency note.
For Visually Impaired:
- Ashoka Pillar Emblem is placed on the right of the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi. Also, for the visually impaired there are seven bleed lines and a rectangle to identify the shape.
- Latent images along with colored strip security threads and watermarks will help you differentiate the original currency note from the fake one. The above mentioned are the new security features of Rs. 2,000 note.
- A latent image with the denomination numeral can be seen when the note is held at an angle of 45-degree
Reserve Bank of India officials have out rightly denied rumors of nano chip being embedded in the new Rs. 2,000 notes. It’s been said that the chip will help to locate the position of the note via a satellite.
Ban on Rs. 5000-1000 currency notes has created a chaos in our country. With most of the ATMs not functioning till date, it is becoming difficult for the working class to leave their jobs and stand in unending queues outside banks.