64th National Film Awards for 2017 were held in India where Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor ruled out to be the best of all. Akshay Kumar won the best actor award for his performance in Rustom. And Neerja got the award for the best Hindi feature film of the year. Along with the award to Neerja, Sonam Kapoor got a special mention for her acting in the film.
The process for the honour of over 300 films began in the mid- march and Filmmaker Priyadarshan chaired the jury in feature films category. Whereas nationally acclaimed writer and choreographer Raju Mishra headed as a jury for non-feature category of 64th National Film Awards.
Here is the list of winners for the 64th National Film Awards 2017.
Winners of National Film Awards 2017
National Film Awards is something very big for every single person in the film industry. Many famous faces of the Bollywood won number of awards under various section of the 64th National Awards. From Akshay Kumar to Sonam Kapoor, the movie Pink to Shivaay all was on top of the list.
- Akshay Kumar won the best actor award for the movie Rustom.
- Pink has won the award for best film on Social issues.
- Dangal girl Zaira Wasim won the best-supporting-actress.
- ‘Dhanak’ (Hindi) won for the best Children’s Film.
- Shivaay has been awarded for the best special effects.
- Sonam Kapoor’s Neerja won the best film award in Hindi language.
Along with Khiladi Kumar, bubbly Sonam Kapoor was also talk of the 64th National Film Awards as she got much praise for her work in the movie ‘Neerja’.
Other Winners of 64th National Film Awards
Along with the famous Bollywood faces, the people from South film industry and various other languages also won many awards at the 64th National Film Awards for their notable work.
- Surabhi Lakshmi (Minnaminungu) won the best actress award.
- Rajesh Mapuskar (Ventilator) won the best director award.
- ‘Kasaav’ has been awarded as the best film.
- Deep Chaudari (Alifa) won the best debut film of a director award.
- Manoj Joshi won best supporting actor for Dashkriya.
- Adhish Praveen (Kunju Daivam), Manohara (Railway Children) and Saj (Noor Islam) won the best child artist award.
- Best male playback singer award goes to Sundara Iyer for Joker, whereas Iman Chakraborty won the best female singer award for Praktan.
Jayadevan won the award for Sound Designer for Kaadu Pookkunna Neram. Whereas the award for best music direction has been won by Babu Padmanabha for Allama.
Many congratulations to the winners of the 64th National Film Awards.