Seven Shops in the Nada Sahib Gurudwara, Chandigarh caught fire on Thursday night. The shops near the entrance of the Nada Sahib Gurudwara complex have been destroyed in the fire. As per the owners, the fire busted out due to the short circuit in one shop. In the fire, the owners have lost the things worth Rs 15 Lakh.
Fire at Nada Sahib Shops:
The fire started from one shop, but slowly it took all the nearby shops under the influence. As it was raining during the day and there was no electricity since 2 PM in the area, all the shopkeepers went home early.
- The fire started around 9:30 PM.
- Some devotees informed the Gurudwara management.
- The management informed the shop owners regarding the incident.
- In between, people tried to extinguish the fire.
- Around 10:15 PM fire brigade reached the spot.
- It took over 1 hour for the fire brigade to control the raging fire.
All the shops were having the articles of Sikh faith and ration packets, that the devotees use to donate in the Gurudwara. All the shop owners are cousins and they have been running these shops in Nada Sahib Gurudwara for around 30 years. These shops were set up by their forefathers and now they are taking care of it.