The Government Medical College and Hospital, popularly known as GMCH Sector 32 in Chandigarh is all set to make it to the list of e-hospitals. The authorities of the hospital are all working hard to install the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) in the hospital. The work for the same is being carried out by the hospital authorities and soon the system will start working in GMCH 32, Chandigarh.
What all the system will include
The main objective of the hospital authority to implement the new system is to make the hospital completely digital and upgraded with technology. With this system it has been presumed that the paper work will be cut-short in the hospital. GMCH 32 will get some new features after the installation of the new system in the hospital. Some of these will include:
- Availability of patient’s record online.
- All the records will be directly transferred to the doctor’s computer.
- E-card will be made to pay off the bills in the hospital.
- Stock of Pharmacy department can also be seen in the system.
- Swipe machines will be installed in the hospital.
With ‘Digital India’ movement, this government hospital in Chandigarh is also going to be digital. It is expected that the new system will be started and inaugurated by the next 2 months.
Benefits of the system
Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) will not only be beneficial for the patients, but also help the hospital staff. Everything will be just a click away for the hospital staff, be it the stock in the pharmacy department or the reports and history of the patients.
- Quick and easy access for the doctors as well as the patients.
- Time will be saved for overall functioning of the hospital.
- More patients can be helped in the same time.
- People don’t have to take their reports file to the doctor, it will all be in the computer.
After the inauguration of the new system, patients will not have to carry their file of reports to the doctor, as because this system will automatically send your reports to the concerned doctor.
Slowly and steadily government hospitals are also improving their facilities for the benefits of the patients in the city beautiful Chandigarh. This system should be implemented in other government hospitals of Chandigarh as well.