The Government Hospital in Sector 32 Chandigarh, commonly known as GMCH (Government Medical College & Hospital) has started online registration for patients who will be able to register themselves on the hospital’s website. Patients who will be registering online will not to stand in long queues to get an OPD card as they will be able to get an OPD card by showing their registration number at a special window set up in the department.
Going a step further from the PGI, GMCH has divided the OPD hours into time slots of 1 hour and patients can choose a time for their visit according to their wish. Details of the registered patient will also be sent to the concerned doctor and they would be called upon for an examination within the chosen time slot.
How online registration at GMCH works:
- Go to the official website of GMCH at gmch.gov.in
- Click Online Registration link which has been placed in the right side bar.
- Register on the website with your mobile number and login with the provided password.
- Choose e-registration for first time registration and re-visit if you already have a OPD card.
- Fill up the required details and choose a time slot.
- A registration number will be sent to your mobile as an SMS.
- Shown this message at the special counter at GMCH, sector 32, Chandigarh.
In the beginning of the service, only 8 patients are allowed to register online.
OPD Timings at GMCH, Sector 32, Chandigarh:
The timings for OPD at GMCH 32 are from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Long queues start accumulating from as early as 7:00 AM. But now online registration will help patients see a doctor without wasting their time waiting for long hours.
The facility of online registration at GMCH 32 is yet another step taken by the Chandigarh Government to make Chandigarh a smart city. PGI had already started online registration last month and Government Hospital at Sector 16 will also start the same very soon.