India is a developing nation as per what UN has to say. Peep a little closer and you will realise the word “Developing” is moving at such a lightening fast pace that will leave you astonished. In recent developments that have taken place, Gurugram (Gurgaon) is soon going to get its world -class railway terminal. The Railway Minister proudly announced the project on the eve of Ram Navmi on Tuesday in an event that was organised by Northern Railway at Rohtak.
Gurugram Railway Terminal
The project has been announced and a railway terminal is to be built in Gurugram. Besides this project, a model railway station at the Rohtak District of Haryana is also on the cards. The model station is to be constructed on a public-private-partnership (PPP) mode. The project has been introduced keeping in view of the fact that there is heavy influx of population travelling to Gurgram daily.
In order to reduce the pressure on Delhi terminals, this project has been granted. Also, there are innumerable trains that terminate at Delhi from almost all the states and towns, small or big. Delhi being the national capital gets mobbed by this kind of traffic daily and to optimise it, the new railway terminal at Gurugram will take the lead now.
Projects in Queue
- Development of a model station at Rohtak in a PPP mode
- A newly-electrified rail section between Rohtak and Jind
- DEMU (diesel-electric multiple unit) train between Jind and Sonipat flagged off
- Finalisation of tender of new Rohtak-Meham-Hansi railway line by August
- Proposed rail coach factory development in Sonipat
- Electrification work expected to be doubled in 5 years
- Elevated railway line on the Rohtak-Gohana stretch
- Construction of 21 ROB’s and RUB’s on all unmanned level crossings
- 24 ROB’s and RUB’s constructed
- 21 more ROB will be constructed.
- 42% of the electrification work done.
- Rs 100 cr allotted for joint venture projects of the state and the railways
- Rs 41,000 cr saved by solar, wind power plants and LED lights in a decade
- Plantation of five crore saplings by the ministry
The clear proclamation of the above projects and the statistics released by the Government clearly state that there is absolutely no doubt that the Haryana Government in collaboration with the railway ministry is marching forth with the flag of development at a pace that none could imagine.
All, we as citizens can now do, is wait and watch for these railway projects to get completed to turn the world into a Global Village!
(Image for representational purpose only).