Haryana Government encore has taken a step ahead by introducing stringent norms for candidates aspiring to become a constable or a Sub-Inspector through a written test in an attempt to reform and revolutionise the ‘Police service rules’.
Incorporating a written test prior to physical and medical tests surely would bring in all-rounders and cream of the aspirants who would be recruited through a rigorous process of recruitment. In the cabinet meeting held in Chandigarh on Tuesday, Haryana CM who presided the meeting gave affirmation to the first ever proposal of its kind.
About Constable / SI Written Test in Haryana
The written test introduced by Haryana Government would be a solely knowledge based test that would be used as a rejection process to filter out best candidature for the job roles over a hypothetically claimed selection process. The examination would serve as qualifying criteria for the candidates who would further undergo the physical test wherein digital measurement techniques would be used if they qualify the written test. Enhancing the testing and recruiting procedures which went obsolete over a period of time, the written test would be all about “Choosing the best candidature for the limited number of vacancies for efficient government functioning.”
Salient Features of the Written Test
There are many aspects as to what and how the test shall be executed. Here are all the key features about the first step of Written Examination for the recruitment process as a part of the amendment proposed by the Haryana Cabinet in its meeting.
- Qualification of written examination necessary to undergo recruitment process
- Approval of the latest Haryana Police Service Rules in the year 2017
- Filling up of posts of non-gazetted arena via promotions
- Reformation and amendment of the Punjab Police Rules, 1934 in 2017
- Initiative taken up to bring in transparency in recruitment process
- Ratio of result declaration of selected students against the seats would be 1:7
- Graduate-level degree candidates to get 3 marks, while Post-graduate degree ones to get 5 marks
- Candidatures possessing NCC certificate (A, B or C) to get 1, 2 and 3 marks respectively
- Haryana Cadet Corps Certification to hold value of 1, 3 marks respectively for A and B category
- The entire Interview test to be of 12 marks in all
Haryana Constable Recruitment Procedure
Here are the amended latest reformatory steps now to get recruited in one of the most prestigious jobs in the country.
Step 1: Qualifying written examination prior to physical examination
Step 2: Seven times the vacancy lot in each category shall be the result
Step 3: Qualified candidates to undergo physical test
Step 4: Male aspirants to cover 2.5 km in 11 minutes while female candidates to cover 1 km in 5 minutes
Step 5: Recruitment through Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) by taking all constables and 50 % of SI’s via the steps
Step 6: 3% vacancies to be filled via Sports Quota
New Developments – A Ray of Hope
The new developments and reformatory norms that have taken place in the Haryana Cabinet meeting in Chandigarh on Tuesday include two major moves:
- Amendment of Police Service Rules
- Exemption of VAT on solar devices
Such great amendments are definitely a step towards the development of people, communities, societies, states and nations a s a whole. The obsolete norms getting a fresh start and newness in ideas is one commendable achievement Haryana Government has aimed to accomplish. Kudos to that !!!!