Sex Ratio in Haryana has reached its highest peak of 950 on Friday when Haryana CM’s dream to reach the mark was proven true by the sex ratio statistics. Haryana’s poor sex ratio statistics were a cause of concern for the entire nation which substantially got improved by a manifold amount when data was collected on Friday. Sex ratio reached its highest mark for the very first time ever in Haryana state at 950 females per thousand males.
First time ever in the state History
History has been created with the fact that calls for a celebration of many NGO’s and movements associated with the cause. The mark of 950 females over a thousand male population has not only given them a reason to celebrate but also provided authorities great encouragement to work for the day when this mark outnumbers the male population of the state. Not on papers, the numbers could be seen in reality and this has surely given Haryana a boost to work for the betterment and welfare of the civilians.
Haryana’s Sex Ratio – Then and Now
Openly accepting the challenge of improving the skewed statistics of sex ratio in the Haryana state, various schemes. The following campaigns turned out to be real players who turned the tables and made Haryana state Sex Ratio Statistics crawl to the other side of the river.
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act
- “Beti Bachao, Beti padhao” (Most Successful amongst all)
The programmes supporting the cause were so successful in awareness creation that around 430 FIR’s were registered under these acts out of which 80 of them were known to belonging nearby states of UP, Delhi, Punjab and Rajasthan.
Apart from these, around half a century cases were registered on miscreants selling Sex Selection Drugs (SSDs). Also, culprits of the same in paramedics were booked under MTP Act, Drugs Act and IPC.
Here’s what Statistics Say
Why boast about the targets when the data speaks for itself. Let us go through the “Then and Now” phase of the state to remove all the doubts that might just come into our minds owing to the unbelievable numbers and figures.
- The sex ratio earlier was a meagre 879 females per 1,000 males in Haryana state
- Reaching the mark of 900 females in the start of the year 2016
- Now, the same figure has reached a mark of 950 for the very first time in 2017
- The data of districts like Rohtak, Ambala, Jhajjar, Bhiwani, Jind, Fatehabad, Kaithal, Panchkula, Rewari, Mewat, Gurugram, Sonepat and Faridabad range from 863 to 947 females per thousand males in the month of march.
- The data of sex ratio in Hisar, Karnal, Yamunanagar, Narnaul, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal and Sirsa was 953 to 1,279
- The information on sex ratio is derived from the Haryana state government which has a reason to celebrate now.
With this achievement in their kitty, Haryana Government has carved a niche for themselves amongst all the states. Curbing such deep-rooted societal issue is a task which Haryana Government has shown others to have succeeded in accomplishing it. Setting a great example for its contemporaries like Punjab, UP and Delhi to follow its footsteps, Haryana Government has one huge achievement worth boasting about.
Image: India Times