Himachal Pradesh government has launched a mobile app for the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission with the help of National Informatics Center of Himachal Pradesh. In an initiative to go tech-savvy, the Government has brought forth the mobile app to make it easier and simpler for aspirants who aim to get recruited in the prestigious government body. Moreover, the mobile application boasts of various features that would equip the employees to use latest technology and keep them updated with the latest.
About HP Public Service Commission
Himachal Pradesh got the status of a state in the year 1971 followed by which a State Public Service Commission had to be established. Union Public Service Commission till the time a state level Service Commission was established took charge over the HP state. The body got constituted by virtue of which Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission got established which caters to recruitment of officers and staff that aids in smooth functioning of the state level governmental organisations.
About the Mobile Application Launch
The mobile application is developed by National Informatics Center (NIC) of Himachal Pradesh. Post the development the inauguration and launch was done by the Governor of the State. The launch of the mobile app was done on April 13, 2017 and necessary provisions and features are now made available for the all the Android users who ca download the application very easily using the Google Play Store for free.
Salient Features of the HPPSC Mobile App
The key features keeping in mind while the app was being designed that are installed once you download and operate the app are as follows :
- Easily available on Google Play Store
- Can be downloaded on Android phones
- Free of cost installation
- Instant Notifications on the app
- Real time alert set up introduced
- Available in English and Hindi language for easier access
Benefits of the HPPSC Mobile App
The mobile app which marks a step ahead in technological advancement that the HP government has taken up shall benefit the following :
- Aspirants aiming to get recruited every year
- Employees of the organisation to stay updated
- Transparency in the working of the system
- Instant notifications to avoid last minute hassles
- Helping youth aspirants from far flung areas
- Provides an easy source of information platform
- Alerts available for vacancies, exams, results and updates
The move has been appreciated and welcomed by one and all. The elated employees of the department have gone real tech-savvy. Breaking the odds and conventions of Government departments being slow and technologically handicapped, the department has set a great example for other government departments to follow. It is surely a step ahead towards a fast and updated feature for the present as well as the future generation.
More from Himachal