Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI), the second largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world, unveiled a 110-cc scooter in India — ‘Cliq’. This newly launched rugged automatic two-wheeler ‘Cliq’ will be available in a phased manner in the country with the scooter making a debut in Rajasthan, in the first go! Honda Cliq will be available in most of the cities in the country before the festive season but the launch will take place in a stage-wise manner.
The new Honda scooter is developed to maximize utility coupled with comfort and convenience for utilitarian customers, Honda Cliq scooter is targeted at up-country customers with focus on semi-urban and rural areas.
Honda Cliq – Specifications and Features
- The scooter is powered by an 110cc BSIV HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine. With an automatic transmission, Honda Cliq makes 8 bhp @ 7000 rpm and 8.94 Nm of torque @ 5500 rpm.
- It has 102 kg of kerb weight and is 8 kg lighter than the Activa and it has claimed a top speed of 83 kmph.
- Equipped with a spacious foot-board and 14 litres of under-seat storage one can enhance the load capacity with optional rear carrier.
- Honda Cliq will be available in four colour options — red/white, blue-white, grey and white colour schemes. As per reports the tentative colours will be— Black, Patriotic red with white, Orcus grey and Morrocan blue with white.
- Special block pattern tyres with deep grooves offers total comfort under all weather conditions besides the extra grip, longer life and better control over patchy and bumpy roads.
- Honda Cliq Scooter’s fuel tank has a capacity of 3.5 litres but the claimed fuel economy is 60 kmpl that makes it an economical scooter.
- Combi Brake System (CBS) with equaliser in Cliq makes this two wheeler really safe. This system manages the distribution of braking force between the rear and front brake with a single lever. In this case the CBS is equipped in the left lever. The scooter will come with 130mm both front and back drum brakes.
- AHO (Automatic Headlamp On) is another safety feature in Honda Cliq that keeps the lights ‘Always On’ for better visibility. This feature has eliminated the headlight switch from the console that offers a fine look.
Honda Cliq – Competitors in India
As of now, the Honda Cliq looks different and does not seem to be in the race of competition. Though there must be some significant market shares being targeted with the launch. With a distinct appearance that includes a black tubular load carrier, long and wide seat. A round shaped element on the side body gives it a cosmetic appearance. Besides the round element, the chunky looks of the Cliq also include one of the biggest front aprons. Honda Cliq is lightweight, low and has been specially designed to work with male as well as female riders. Taking price into consideration there doesn’t seem a close competitor the new Honda Cliq.
Availability, Pricing and Waiting
Honda Cliq has been economically priced at a starting price of 42,499 (ex-showroom Delhi). The final state-wise price will be available after the roll-out of the vehicle and availability in all the states. The waiting period of the vehicle too will be disclosed once the commencement of deliveries take place in the first state.
Source: The Financial Express