IKEA, the world’s largest furniture retailer since the year 2008 based in Netherlands has set its foot on the Indian land yesterday in Mumbai.
The brand IKEA specializes in ready-to-assemble furniture, home accessories and kitchen appliances. It will open its very first store in Hyderabad in the next year, followed by Mumbai, New Delhi and Bengaluru.
The largest furniture retailer of the world IKEA is aiming to open at least 25 stores in India by 2025 and held its groundbreaking ceremony of its first store in Turbhe, Navi Mumbai.
Despite facing the problem of acquiring land in India, IKEA is still going strong over its plans of opening stores in the country as big as a football field and offering 9,000 products under one roof.
By launching itself in India the IKEA group will experience a growth in its global sale by 600 million Euros. And this will place the IKEA India on the second place after US IKEA by 2025.
The IKEA Mumbai Store
The Mumbai IKEA store whose construction has been commenced yesterday at Navi Mumbai will be a one of its kind furniture outlet of India.
- The outlet will be spread in 430,000 sq ft. area
- Has at least 1,500 parking lots
- IKEA Mumbai store will also have a 1,000 seat Indo-Swedish restaurant
- And, a play area for kids called Smaland will also be created
- 9,500 products will be on display
- 60 fully-furnished room samples will be made
- And a fully furnished three full size sample homes will also be displayed in the store as well
IKEA’s Plans For Indian Market
Ikea is investing around Rs 1,000 crore in its Mumbai store that will open in six months from now after the launch of the Hyderabad outlet.
According to the IKEA India’s Executive :
- The IKEA India stores would be located along the highways outside the cities
- People will have access to the stores even through public transport
- A special shuttle service will also be provided to help people connect to the store
- An after sale assembly service will be provided to the customers
- At a later stage an e-commerce website will also come up for IKEA India
IKEA group is targetting to reach to over 4 million Indian customers every every year through its Navi Mumbai store.
Also, Check Out