Second member in the Jaguar’s Pace family – the Jaguar E-Pace has officially been revealed. The launch of Jaguar E-Pace has been one of the most riskiest car launches ever and this riskiest car launches of the Jaguar E-Pace has bagged the car its first award at the launch itself. Yes, the Jaguar E-Pace as bagged the Guinness World Record for breaking the record in the daredevil barrel roll.
Jaguar E-Pace’s launch has a James Bond Connect
The risky Barrel Roll that was performed during the Jaguar E-Pace launch has a James Bond connect. The stunt that was performed to reveal the Jaguar E-Pace was inspired from Roger Moore’s famous twist in James Bond classic. The stunt was part of the James Bond classic ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’ and was here, was performed by a professional stunt driver Terry Grant. The stunt performed by Jaguar E-Pace has already set a world record with this daring barrel roll. The jaguar E-Pace launched itself with a 270-degree corkscrew.
Jaguar E-Pace in Daredevil Barrel Roll | Video
Well, the nail-biting Barrel Role fete by Jaguar E-Pace has been awarded one of the greatest accolades ‘The Guinness Book Record’ but the launch of Jaguar E-Pace has proved the car’s mettle in the segment. The Jaguar E-Pace which is company’s cheapest SUV, will directly compete with existing rivals including the likes of the BMW’s X1, Mercedes-Benz GLA, and Audi’s Q3. The sturdy and robust E-Pace is expected to become Jaguar’s most-selling model. The company hopes to sell selling more SUVs than sportscars and sedans combined.
Features of the Jaguar E-Pace
- According to the company most of the features will be high across most of the variants.
- The different variants of Jaguar E-Pace include – S, SE, HSE trims, and the sportier looking R-Dynamic model.
- Up to five USB points will be there in the Jaguar E-Pace as standard.
- Jaguar E-Pace supports a 4G wifi hotspot and it can easily support up to eight devices.
- The infotainment system in Jaguar E-Pace is central 10.2-inch touchscreen. Option to opt for a Heads Up Display and 12.3 inch TFT digital instrument console is also available.
- Jaguar E-Pace may offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in the near future.
- With 297 bhp power the Jaguar E-Pace petrol can easily touch 0-100 kmph in 5.9 seconds.
- JLR will have 2-litre Ingenium family of diesel and petrol engines
- The engines will have different Power options that will generate 247 bhp and 297 bhp of power for Diesel engine whereas the Petrol turbo engine will churn out 148 bhp, 177 bhp and 237 bhp of power.
Price of Jaguar E-Pace
With a starting price of 28, 500 in UK the Jaguar E-Pace is expected to be introduced in the Indian market with a larger price tag which may be above Rs. 24 lakh.