The 2017 Jeep Compass is all geared up to debut in India and the big thing about it is that it will be a Made-In-India SUV. The Jeep’s Compass has become a much-anticipated car of the year and a major new model for the Indian Automobile industry as well as Jeep.
India is designated to build the right-hand drive models of the Jeep Compass that will also be exported to the markets of Japan, UK and Australia. The manufacturing of the Compass Jeep SUV would be done at Fiat’s Ranjangaon facility situated near Pune from June 2017.
Jeep Compass India – Design and Features
According to sources, the Jeep Compass would prove to be an exciting compact SUV for the Indian customers that will also be affordable.
- 4398mm x 1819mm length and width
- Jeep Compass 2017 has traditional front grille & boxy large wheel wells
- The headlamps are in traditional Jeep design
- Compass is covered in jet black from front to back
- The Jeep Compass has a dual-tone body
- Metal trims on the upper window line
- Large two-part tail lamps
- Big Boot opener
Jeep Compass – Interiors
- The SUV is a 5-seater with big space both in front and back
- Three headrests in the rear seat
- Jeep Compass 2017 has a buit-in touchscreen infotainment system
- Three-spoke steering wheel
- Steering wheel has entertainment system controls, and Bluetooth
- The dashboard and the centre console comes with a glossy black finish
The Jeep has officially ascertained that the 2017 Indian version of the Jeep Compass would be same as the International version both from inside and outside.
2017 Jeep Compass India – Engine and Performance
- Comes with a 1.4-litre Multiair petrol engine
- 250Nm of max torque
- 160+PS of power
- Jeep Compass also comes with 2.0-litre diesel engine
- That generates 170 PS power
- With 350Nm torque
- The Indian Jeep Compass will have 6/7 speed manual/dual clutch Automatic Transmission
- The Jeep Compass will come in both 4 x 2 and 4 x 4 models
- with Jeep’s Selec-Terrain system
- the 4WD system comes in four modes- Auto, Snow, Mud and Sand
Jeep Compass – Price in India & Availability
The Jeep with its Compass flagship wants to give a tough competition to Hyundai’s Tucson thus it is speculated that the SUV would be priced the same as the former around Rs 22-28 lakh.
The 2017 Jeep Compass will be available in India in July 2017.
Also, Check Out