Today’s IPL 2017 match was between Kings XI Punjab and Rising Pune Supergiants at Holker Stadium in Indore.
Kings XI Punjab won the toss and elected to bowl first. It was expected that they will opt for batting but the captain of Kings 11 Punjab Glenn Maxwell opted to bowl. Maybe, he wanted to chase the target by restricting Pune Supergiants at a minimum total.
Pune Supergiants Batted First
After being given the chance to bat first, Rising Pune supergiants made 163 for 6 in their 20 overs.
- Ben Stokes scored a half century (50 runs) in 32 balls.
- Steven Smith scored the highest runs = 26 runs in 27 balls.
- Manoj Tiwary scored 40 off 23 balls and remained not out.
- Dhoni could only score 5 runs.
Sandeep Sharma from Kings XI Punjab took 2 wickets while Axar Patel, T Natarajan, Marcus Stoinis and Swapnil Singh took 1 wicket each.
The first wicket for Pune Supergiants feel on the 5th ball of the match.
Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Supergiants – Second Half
Kings XI got a target of 163 in 20 overs.
- Hashim Amla came to open the innings for Kings XI and made 28 runs in 27 balls.
- Axar Patel made 24 off 22 balls.
- Glenn Maxwell played some cool strokes and got the crowd into excitement.
- Kings XI lost their first wicket in 2nd over.
- David Muller and Glenn Maxwell played superb partnership innings.
- Glenn Maxwell hit 4 sixes while David Muller hit 2 sixes.
- David Muller & Glenn Maxwell both remained not out.
Kings XI Punjab won the match with 6 wickets and 1 over spare.
Also, Check Out