District Ludhiana of Punjab has initiated the scheme ‘Saadi Rasoi’ for providing meals at the subsidised rates of Rs 10 across various points of the city. The program is held as the collaboration between the Anna-Jal Sewa Trust and the Ludhiana district administration.
Saadi Rasoi is an initiative to offer quality food to the poor and the needy at the cheap prices. Initially, the meal will be served at the Red Cross Building on Brown road near Old Civil Hospital building but soon more points of Saadi Rasoi will be added to the list of food distribution to cater the larger number of people across the district.
Ludhiana’s Saadi Rasoi Thali For Just Rs. 10
The Saadi Rasoi thali will be full of nutritional value and will have ample quantity to satiate the hunger of an adult. It will serve dal, rice, sabzi and roti at an affordable rate of Rs 10. Congress in its manifesto has promised to provide cheap meals for the poor at cost of Rs 5.
The Concept And Preparation Of Saadi Rasoi meal
The concept of Saadi Rasoi was first started in Fazilka, Nawanshahr, Muktsar and Mohali. In Ludhiana, Fazilka, Nawanshahr and Mohali the food will be served at Rs 10 while in Muktsar it will be served at Rs 5 only.The scheme is run as a noble cause to serve humanity. Anna-Jal Sewa Trust is already serving langars (free meals) outside the Ludhiana Civil Hospital for the patients and their attendants.
The food for Saadi Rasoi is prepared at one big kitchen of the NGO where all grains, pulses, atta and masalas are donated by people from various places. Essentials like gas connection, fridge and labour are all provided by the district administration of Ludhiana.
Where else can you find meals @ Rs 10 other than Punjab
- Fazilka district of Punjab first started off with the scheme of ‘Saadi Rasoi’ followed by Muktsar, Nawanshehar and Mohali.
- Chandigarh is running Annapurna Akshaypatra Yojana where food is served at Rs 10
- The ‘Annapurna Rasoi’ is Rajasthan also served breakfast at Rs 5 and lunch/ dinner at Rs 8.
- Amma canteen serves meal at Rs 10 in Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh also starting to serve breakfast at Rs 5 and lunch- dinner at Rs 10
- Apart from this Janta Ahaar at Rs 15 is served at all railway stations across India by the IRCTC.
Not only in the city like Ludhiana but we hope that the Punjab government will keep on doing such noble work for the betterment of the society from time-to-time.
More from Ludhiana