Major Fire Break Out in Parle G Godown in Zirakpur | See Exclusive Fire Video

A major fire broke out at a biscuit godown at Bhabat village in Zirakpur here today. Loss worth lakhs is being expected in the fire, though officials stated that the godown was empty. The exact reason for the fire could not be established yet, though sources stated that the fire caused due to short-circuit in the warehouse.

Sources also stated that more than 15 fire tenders reached the spot but the fire could not be controlled. Mohan Yadav, one of the eyewitnesses, said, “The fire broke out at around 11:30 in the morning. A fire brigade reached the spot but it was not able to control the raging flames. Within half an hour the blaze inside the warehouse engulfed the entire area started and it went out of control .”

About 15 fire brigades reached the biscuit Godown in Zirakpur

On the condition of anonymity, one of the firemen from 33- FAD Dappar, said, “We received the emergency call around 11:40 am that there was a major fire accident in Zirakpur and we reached the spot within half an hour. About two tenders from our station had already reached the spot and we are trying to bring the fire under control.”

The Two Fire tenders from 33- FAD Dappar were pressed into action to control the fire that broke out at the Parle biscuit warehouse in Zirakpur. It was learnt that about 15 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to control the fire. The disaster management team also reached the spot. The fire was so massive that in addition to Zirakpur, fire tenders from neighbouring cities including Chandigarh, Mohali, Derabassi and Lalru were deployed to douse the flames.

Cause of fire could not be ascertained

Though most of the eyewitness, as well as some of the officers at the spot stated that the fire broke out due to short circuit inside the warehouse but the exact reasons of the fire could be ascertained.

Local residents who gathered at the spot told Chandigarh metro that it was indeed difficult for the fire personnel to douse the flames as the magnitude of the fire was huge. The thick smoke was another reason that made it difficult for firemen to reach beyond a certain point. Initially, the firemen were spraying water from outside. Later, when the front wall of the warehouse broke, the firemen used the gateway to douse the fire.

Dark smoke engulfed the whole warehouse | See the Exclusive Video

The dark smoke spread in the surrounding area forcing the local residents to climb up their rooftops to witness the fire. No loss of life was reported in the fire. Some of the government officials also reached the spot, as soon as the news of fire accident spread in the area.

Comments

Munish Dhiman

Being an enthusiast, adventurer, blogger, writer, food lover, creative and multi-talented chap, Munish Dhiman is full of life and is always ready to take on challenges in life. You may reach Munish at hello@chandigarhmetro.com