Fire breaks out on “Make In India Week” Stage at Mumbai

A massive fire broke out on the stage of Make in India Week event being held at Mumbai. The unfortunate fire incident took place during the Maharashtra Night at Mumbai’s Girgaum Chowpatty beach. The Chief Minister of Maharashtra was present on the premises along with many noted Bollywood personalities. No casualties have been reported.

According to early reports and tweets from people who were present during the fire incident at Make in India Week stage, there was a spark under the stage. The blowing air acted as fuel to the fire which soon spread to the entire stage.

The fire incident took place just after the performance of Amitabh Bacchan on the stage of Make in India Week. All VIPs including Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Governor Vidyasagar Rao, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and other film personalities and foreigners were evacuated. Hema Malini tweeted that she was about to enter the Make in India Week premises when the fire broke out. However, everyone was evacuated to safe places.

14 fire engines were immediately pressed into service and fire was controlled within an hour. But the stage and some other creations related to upcoming events were destroyed. Arrangements were made to tackle with any emergency situation and thus not much harm was done. But the unwanted fire incident at Make in India Week stage has surely raised an alarm.

 

Comments

Ajay Deep

Ajay Deep is a young enthusiast who Loves Chandigarh and is always eager to make this beautiful city even more beautiful. A Mechanical Engineer By Chance and Working in an IT MNC by Choice. A Writer, Photographer and a Budding Entrepreneur. A Designer, Developer and Digital Marketing Expert. In brief : A Jack of All Trades and Master of Few :) You may reach Ajay Deep at ajay@chandigarhmetro.com