Established in April, 1987, Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh is administered by Mount Carmel Educational Society, Chandigarh (Regd.) with an aim of moral, intellectual, spiritual and social development of children. Starting with Pre-Nursery Class, Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh has 2500 students as a part of the family. The School is recognized by the Department of Education UT, Chandigarh and is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Located in Sector 47 B of Chandigarh, Mount Carmel School is a Christian Minority Institution and has some seats reserved for Christians. The technology enabled smart class rooms with display systems and an individual computer for the teachers, make Mount Carmel as an esteemed school in Chandigarh. Well-trained staff not only encourages the students to perform well academically but also motivate them to participate in co-scholastic activities like performing arts, fine arts, etc.
Admission Criteria & Procedure for Mount Carmel, Chandigarh
Admissions to Nursery classes starts in December for the academic year starting in April. On the basis of merit, admission process in Mount Carmel School is fairly simple. Below mentioned is the admission criteria for your reference.
Total number of seats in Nursery = 45.
- Child should be 3+ in order to be eligible for admission.
- Application Form can either be downloaded from the website or you can click on the link mentioned below to get the form.
- Application Form has to be submitted at Mount Carmel school’s office by mid December with an application fee of Rs. 100.
Click on the following link to download the form:
Out of 45, 15 Seats are reserved for the below mentioned in general category including:
- Minority Christian Community (7)
- School Management (3)
- Alumni (2)
- Teachers/Staff (1)
- Siblings (2)
Admission Documents at Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh:
Below mentioned documents have to be attested by a gazetted officer and have to be submitted along with the application Form:
- Date of Birth Certificate of the child.
- Two Passport size photographs of the child for which you are seeking admission.
- Medical Fitness Certificate (From MBBS Doctor).
- School Leaving Certificate/ Bonafide Certificate (For admission in K.G. onwards)
- Progress Report of the previous year. (For admission in K.G. and above)
- Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh selects eligible candidates with the help of draw of lots.
- List of eligible candidates will be out by 3rd week of January 2017.
- 15 candidates will make it to the waiting list which will be out in the last week of January 2017.
- Final list of the waiting list candidates who have made through will be out in February and will be put up on the Notice-Board of the school.
Fee Structure of Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh:
- Sum of Rs. 300 has to be paid as Registration Fee.
- Total Admission Fee = Rs.16000.
- Annual Fee = Rs. 7000.
- Medical (Annual; to be paid in 2 Installments April & September)
- General Health Programme: Rs.240.
- Dental Care: Rs.300.
- Caution Money (Refundable) = Rs.3000.
- Development Fee = Rs. 5500.
- Tuition Fee (Per Month) = Rs. 2100.
- Smart Class Charges (Per Month) = Rs. 150.
- Misc. Charges (Annual) = Rs.1500.
*10% increase is proposed which will be informed by the management.
- Fee has to be deposited by 3rd week of February 2017 or else admission will be written off. Mount Carmel Chandigarh has limited seats in other classes and admissions in these classes will be done on first come first basis.
Mount Carmel School, Chandigarh Contact Details:
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”https://chandigarhmetro.com/schools” icon=””]Click Here for more Schools in Chandigarh[/button]