Aspirants of undergraduate medical courses have to be alert to the alterations launched in NEET 2019 by National Testing Agency. The examination will be held on 5 May 2019. The score of NEET UG is considered for admission in AYUSH courses in India in addition to MBBS and BDS was put into operation from 2018.
NTA NEET 2019 will provide chances for admittance to more or less 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats in the medical and dental colleges of India except for AIIMS and JIPMER. The exam is to be expected to have over 13 lakhs candidates getting registered in the 2019 session.
NEET 2019 Exam Details
|Online registration begins from||1 November 2018|
|Online registration closes on||7 December 2018, 11:50 PM|
|Last date to submit the application fee||8 December 2018, 11.50 PM|
|Application form correction window timeline||14 to 31 January 2019|
|Admit Card release date||15 April 2019|
|Date of the exam||5 May 2019|
|Declaration of results||Within 5 June 2019|
Candidates are recommended to have a careful look at the eligibility criteria of NEET 2019 provided by NTA given below:
- The applicants are required to be no less than 17 years in age as on 31 December 2019.
- The age of the applicants should not be above 25 years as on 5 May 2019.
- The aspirants should have completed class 12 or equivalent examination or appearing in such exams in 2019.
In the last qualifying exam, the applicants ought to have scored a cumulative marks of 50% (for candidates belonging to the unreserved category), 45% (for candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped or PH category), and 40% (for candidates belonging to the reserved including the PH reserved category) in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Exam Pattern of NEET 2019
NEET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode. The former scheme of the exam being held online has been drawn back by the administrating bodies. The paper will contain a total of four, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Forty-five questions will be asked in each section. Each question will be of four marks. For each correct answer, the candidate will get four marks, and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
In addition to all the details above, the candidates willing to appear in the NEET 2019 are also required to keep the following things in mind:
- The shift time of NEET 2019 is 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- The form of the test will be offline only which means that the examination will be held as a pen-paper test and not a computer-based test.
- The exam will not be conducted on different schedules.
- There will be only one shift for NEET 2019, which is to be held on May 5, 2019.
Getting Prepared for NEET 2019
Aspirants planning to appear for NEET 2019 by should build up their preparation strategies for the examination. The simple pieces of advice mentioned below are aimed to assist applicants in getting ready for the exam.
- Create a reading timetable for the exam and initiate preparing in the early hours.
- Recognise your strong and weak areas and practice.
- Identify the vital regions of NEET 2019 as declared by NTA and develop the topics one at a time.
- Start taking mock tests offered by NTA to calculate roughly the development of your preparation.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned details must have helped you out in getting details of the exam. Candidates must prepare well for the exam so as to ace the exam.