If reports are to be believed, Ford is all set to overhaul its compact SUV Ford Ecosport. Yes, that’s true! The Ford Ecosport (Facelift) was recently spotted on the Indian road and the glimpse affirms that the all new Ford Ecosport has got numerous cosmetic changes.
The information reveals that the interiors, as well as exteriors of the Ford Ecosport (Facelift), will get striking changes to give the all new Ford Ecosport an enhanced look coupled with rich and engrossing features. Ford’s compact SUV Ford Ecosport has been company’s one of the best selling four wheelers in India and with a facelift the company aspires to enhance Ford Ecosport’s sale figures.
Launch date & New features of Ford Ecosport (Facelift)
The upcoming compact SUV Ford Ecosport facelift made its debut at the LA Auto Show last year and is in the news since then for its striking new features. Though there is no official announcement from the company about the launch date of the new Ford Ecosport in the Indian market, yet, the facelift Ford Ecosport is believed to hit the Indian market by late this year or the start of next year.
Ford has not made any major changes in the compact SUV since its launch in India. This is going to be a major update from Ford Ecosport for its Indian audience. The expected features of the Ford Ecosport facelift include:
- Ford Ecosport facelift may get a one-piece trapezoidal grille in place of the split grille.
- The new Ecosport may get sharper tweaked fog lamp enclosures and headlamps.
- Turn indicators may rest in the fog lamp enclosures.
- The new 17 inch alloy wheel design may add to its sporty look.
- The Ford Ecosport facelift may get projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights. (DRLs)
- A new design of the spare wheel cover will surely add to its looks.
- Ford Ecosport facelift may get a redesigned centre console.
- The new Ecosport may get an 8-inch floating touchscreen interface that will also support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support.
- Sporty 3-spoke steering wheel will add to the driver’s delight.
- In place of the black-grey theme the Ford Ecosport facelift may get a Black-Beige interior theme.
- Grab handle above glovebox will add to its sporty character.
- The Ford Ecosport facelift may come loaded with 2 or 6 airbags equipped with ABS with EBD.
Ford Ecosport’s Market rivals
Ford competes with various compact SUV’s in the segment such as
- Maruti Vitara Breeza
- Renault Duster
- Mahindra TUV 300
- Tara Nexon (Upcoming)
A glimpse of the all new Ford Ecosport | Official video
Sales of the existing Ford Ecosport have marginally dipped since the launch of Maruti Vitara Breeza. It is expected that the company may launch the overhauled Ford Ecosport (Facelift) at a price of Rs 7.20 Lakh (approximate price for the Base model) to give a tough competition to the Maruti best seller.
Source: The Financial Express