Mohali to Get a New Government Medical College

Good news for the medical students of Chandigarh & Mohali region. The congress government in Punjab has impressed everyone lately with the sincere and dedicated work they are doing for the development of the state. In another development, Amarinder Singh, Punjab chief minister has approved to set up a new government medical college in Mohali.

New Government Medical College In Mohali

Amarinder Singh approved a proposal on Wednesday to set up a government medical college in Mohali. Mohali’s medical college will be having a total of 100 seats. The medical college in Mohali is being set up to overcome the shortage of medical specialists and also to encourage medical education in the state.

Mohali’s medical college will be the first of the five new medical colleges that the Congress government had promised in their poll manifesto. There will also be an upgrade of infrastructure, manpower, facilities in the existing medical colleges in the state.

The proposal was announced after a meeting which was held to review the functioning of medical and dental colleges in Punjab.

Things You Need To Know About The New Government Medical College In Mohali

The Congress government in Punjab will be sending a detailed proposal to the Union ministry of health and family welfare. Approximately Rs. 190 crore would be spent on the proposed 200-bedded hospital cum government medical college in Mohali which would be established over an area of 20 acres. The centre will be contributing 60% of the share and the state government will be taking care of the rest 40% of the share.

The state government will be bearing rest of the expenditure of Rs. 45 crore annually for the maintenance of the upcoming government medical college in Mohali. The new government medical college in Mohali will have different fields of study like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, general medicine, general surgery, orthopaedics, anaesthesia and forensic medicine, pharmacology, obstetrics and gynaecology. The Mohali-based government medical college will have:

  • Professors – 6
  • Associate professors – 14
  • Assistant professors – 18
  • Senior residents – 24
  • Junior Residents – 25

After the establishment of Mohali’s new government medical college, there will be a total of four government colleges in the state.

Source: The Times Of India

More from Mohali

Mohali Safai Karamcharis Will Now Only Pick Segregated Garbage

Comments

Tushar Pasrija

Tushar Pasrija is a digital marketer, public speaker and globetrotter who loves reading autobiographies and thrillers. He is passionate about wildlife and landscape photography. You may reach Tushar at hello@chandigarhmetro.com