Chandigarh is known for its green cover which consists of numerous parks and gardens. Adding yet another marvel to enhance the greenery in Chandigarh, a new park by the name ‘Joggers Park’ has been opened in Sector 15. Joggers Park was inaugurated by Chandigarh MP, Kirron Kher here on Tuesday, the 24th of March 2015. Here are the highlights of this newly opened park:
- Total area of the park is 3 acres.
- The jogging track made in the park is as per international athlete standards.
- Joggers Park Chandigarh is in an elongated shape. It starts from Sector 15-16 light points and stretches till the roundabout of Sector 15-16-10-17.
- Rs. 35 Lakh has been spent by Chandigarh Administration to develop this park.
- Joggers park boosts of a special 19 inch layered ‘Cider Track’. These type of tracks are recommended by Olympics committee for races.
During the inauguration ceremony of Joggers park in Sector 15, Kirron Kher said that she would like to come here for a walk. BJP Chief Sanjay Tandon, Joint commissioner Rajiv Gupta, and Area Councillor saurabh Joshi were also present at the ceremony.
Source: Chandigarh Tribune