The city beautiful Chandigarh is getting one more educational institute and this one might help to make the city more fashionable. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is all set to come up with its 17th centre in Panchkula. The foundation stone for the same was laid by the Union Minister of Textile Smriti Zubin Irani on 29th December 2016. Although the project will be completed by the end of 2019, till then the classes will be run in a rental building at IT Park, Chandigarh.
Details of NIFT in Chandigarh
All the fashion freaks of the city can now get to study professional courses in fashion. NIFT has been a first choice for the students who wants to pursue their career in the field of fashion designing. With its headquarter in New Delhi, NIFT has many centres across India that include Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and more.
- It is the 17th centre of NIFT in India.
- The campus will come up in Panchkula.
- The project is of Rs. 100 crore, that will be invested to make the building.
- The campus will be spread over in 10.45 acres of land.
- It is expected that the projected will be completed by the end of year 2019.
- Classes will begin for 2017-18 session in a rental building at Chandigarh’s IT Park.
The work for the building of NIFT, Panchkula campus is expected to begin soon.
Courses Offered at NIFT
NIFT Panchkula campus will offer 6 degree courses to the students who are willing to make their career in fashion industry. The courses that are offered by NIFT in Panchkula, include:
- Bachelor of Design with major in fashion design/ textile design (4 year)
- Bachelor of fashion technology with major in apparel production (4 year)
- Master in design (2 year)
- Master of fashion management (2 year)
- Certificate programme of 1 year and 6 month duration as a part of the continuing programme.
At the initial stage, a total number of 230 admissions will be taken by the institute. And 20 percent seats will be reserved for the students who are having a domicile of Haryana.
With the coming up of NIFT in Panchkula, we can expect some more institution like IIT, IIM and much more to come up with their campus in Chandigarh region.