Mohali streets are ready to get revamped by replacing conventional street lights with the LED lights. The Municipal Corporation of Mohali will replace all the street lights by next month with 18000 LED lights.
Mohali municipal corporation is all set to replace conventional street lights with smart LED lights in the coming months and contract for the same has already been floated by the civic body.
LED street light project in Mohali
For replacing the street lights in Mohali, a private agency will be hired. However, the tender for its contract has already been invited and quotations have also started coming. The tender will be given to the suitable agency for next 10 years.
Mohali Municipal Corporation will handle this project via a computerized operating system that is estimated that it will begin after a couple of months from now.
Highlights of LED street lights in Mohali
Some highlights of these new LED street lights in Mohali will be:
- All the outer and internal street of Mohali will get new LED lights.
- Rs 30 Crore is pegged to be invested in the installation of the energy saving LED lights.
- The LED street lights are being installed for the welfare of the society as these will emit less light while saving power consumption.
- These LED street lights will have uniformity with the Chandigarh LED street lights which is important for the city’s beautification.
- These street lights will turn off automatically during the day light.
- Those street lights which will not be functional can be detected from Mohali Municipal Corporation office through a computerized operating system.
- If someone makes an attempt to steal electricity from streetlights in any part of Mohali, then the supply of electricity for the entire area will go off automatically and the person will be caught.
We hope that illumination of these LED street lights will help the Punjab Government to curb down the crime rates like chain snatching, eve teasing, which are prevalent on the less lit streets of Mohali.