National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has revised the look of the books from the new session 2018. From history to science books issued by the NCERT have been changed a lot in terms of look & material. HRD Minister has only finalized the decision to implement changes in the NCERT Books to make it easy for the students to understand ancient India.
Last year, HRD Minister gave a statement regarding the need for the change of NCERT School textbooks for the better understanding of ancient India. And NCERT following the same has made changes in their textbooks from the session 2018.
NCERT Books Change its Look from Session 2018 onwards
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has introduced to saffronize the textbooks to make the understanding of the students much better. NCERT has given a makeover to textbooks of the subjects like- History, Science, English, Geography, Political Science of Class 6 to 10. After the elaboration of information, the NCERT Books cover fields like – Yoga, Ayurveda, Scientific Knowledge, Ancient Indian Philosophy to be widespread in the period.
Even the ancient Indian Mathematician & astronomer, Aryabhatta information has been elaborated in the Geography book of Class 6. And Class 10 NCERT books will reveal details of his work on the calculation of the diameter of the Earth. A total of 1300 changes have been made in 182 textbooks of NCERT to reduce the burden of the academic from the students.
Much more new things implemented by NCERT from 2018
Although the move has been carried out by the HRD Ministry but it is directed through NCERT to decrease the burden of education from the students & make it easier for them to understand things in a simple manner from 2018. Here are more changes in NCERT Books of various classes from the session 2018-
- National Council of Educational Research and Training added names of Rajguru, Chandra Shekhar Azad & Sukhdev in Chapter 11 which discuss the free fight of Bhagat Singh.
- Class 7 History Books have a name of Suraj Mal as the king under the title The Jats.
- Shivaji chapter now discussed in 100 more words about his Maratha rule.
- Maharana Pratap has also been introduced as the last chapter in the History book of Class 7.
- Even students will now read about Peshwa Baji Rao in NCERT History books from 2018 onwards.
Even some icons have also been modified & changed in the NCERT Books to make it more attractive for the students from 2018 onwards.
Source: Indian Express