As per reports, a cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula had left 8 persons injured. It has also been reported that one of the injured, 70-year old, succumbed to his injuries in the hospital. The cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula was so strong that the house collapsed and window panes of the around 20 houses were damaged with the intense blast.
How did the cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula happen?
It has been reported that the cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula happed following leakage in a cooking gas cylinder. As per the report, the blast happened due to a leakage in a cooking gas cylinder. The members of the family residing in the house had gone to the market when the cooking gas cylinder blast happened in the house in Panchkula.
The cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula was so strong that it not only injured the neighbours and the people who came in the direct contact with the blast but it also left some passers-by injured. The injured were rushed to different hospitals in Chandigarh and Panchkula. As per the report, four of the injured had received serious burns out of which one already succumbed to his injuries.
It is being suspected that the moment someone turned on the switch it triggered a spark that resulted in the cooking gas cylinder blast that happened in a house in Panchkula.
The house collapsed with the powerful blast
As the house was locked, people gathered outside the house suspecting a leakage in the LPG cylinder. The blast was reported to be so intense that a portion of the single-storeyed house caved in. Not only the house was damaged but windowpanes of nearby houses as well as parked cars were damaged due to the intense cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula.
It was also reported that some of the neighbours were trapped under the debris and were later rescued by the firefighters. Some of the reports also mentioned that there were two-blasts that happened simultaneously.
Ex-Principal Died of the Panchkula cooking gas cylinder blast
One of the injured in the cooking gas cylinder blast in Panchkula succumbed to his injuries two days after the Panchkula cooking gas cylinder blast. The victim has been identified as 70-year-old Hem Raj Sharma. Sharma was admitted to the GMCH-32 (Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32 after the blast in Panchkula. Sharma had retired as the principal of Government School in Zirakpur and had received 95% burns in the LPG cylinder blast in Panchkula.
Source: The Tribune