Under the ‘Digital India’ movement, Chandigarh’s Panjab University is all set to have some new reforms. PU is going to be the very first University in India to offer digital degree from the next academic session.
From 2017-2018 academic session, students of PU Chandigarh will not have to wait for the convocation to hold their degrees in their hands. The students can get their degree online from NAD (National Academic Depository) from the next year.
The digital degree of PU can only be accessed by the authorized student. Only the particular student will be able to see his/her academic awards in the digital mode. And these awards can be his/her degree, diploma, certificate or mark sheet that will be available with NAD online.
- One can log in for accessing an academic award to NAD website.
- Students should have their Adhaar Card number that will be used as user identity card.
- In case of foreign student, the passport number will be used as user identity.
- After the log in details, one can download his/her degree.
As of now, PU students have to wait for over 1 week to get their provisional degree from the University. With all degree going digital at PU Chandigarh, students will not have to apply for the academic awards verification as the digital degree will be already verified that can be accessed through any part of the world.
Highlights of the digital degree:
Indian Government has asked Panjab University to shift to digital mode of academic awards as soon as possible and upload the data of qualified students on NAD website.
- Panjab University has started the hiring process of a firm referred by UGC.
- Technical official will be called in the University for the demonstration.
- After the demonstration, the university will move forward with the project.
- Now the students will get their degree immediately after the result declaration.
With the digital movement, Panjab University Chandigarh has really made it easy for the students to move further in their career as soon as they want too because from now onwards the degrees and certificates will be just a click away.
It’s just the beginning of the digital India movement, some more reforms are yet to come.
Also Check out: