The Panjab University, Chandigarh has launched an exclusive website for BCom 2017 admissions for 2,310 seats in the Department of evening studies and Chandigarh colleges. The website link is bcomadmissions.puchd.ac.in where all the important information about the 2017 BCom admissions is available. You download the admissions brochure from the website instantly that will give you each and every detail and step to follow before filling the application form. You can create your personal account on the website if you don’t have one. Around 85% seats are reserved for the UT students and 15% for general ones in the B.Com-1.
B.Com 2017 Admissions- Important Dates
The Panjab University Chandigarh has issued a set of important dates that will help the candidates to get a sense of events that will occur from June 2 – July 3 regarding the BCom admissions.
- PU will continue Online registrations from June 2- June 14
- Last date to Deposit Fee (any SBI branch)- June 16
- Last Date of submission of application form at UBS – June 20
- Display of Tentative Merit List – June 25
- Last Date for filing of objection- June 25- June 26
- you can file the objection at the same site
- Display of Counselling Schedule – June 27
- Display of Final Merit List – June 28
- Tentative First Counselling – June 30- July 3
The college will consider only those students eligible for the seats in BCom at Panjab University Chandigarh who will make to the Merit List. The Merit list will be prepared by the college on the basis of the total marks of the student in the Class 12th that he/she secured. Moreover, extra 4 marks will also be awarded to the students in the subjects concerning the commerce stream for example Maths. If you have secured 90% marks in Commerce in class 12 than your percentage will be increased by 4% making it a total of 106%.
The number of seats available in the colleges of Chandigarh under the Panjab University are this way:
- DAV College, Sector 10 D – 350
- SD College, Sector 32 – 350
- Guru Gobind Singh College for Women, Sector 26- 280
- MCM DAV College for women, Sector 36- 280
- Sri Guru Gobing Singh College, Sector 26 – 280
- Other Colleges – 140 seats each.
How To Apply For BCom At PU Online
To enroll in the BCom course at the Panjab University, Chandigarh, first of all one has to fill an “Application Form” online and will have to take a print of bank slip and deposit a sum of Rs 500 (general category), Rs 250 (SC/ST/PwD Category) at any SBI branch, after the bank slip has been generated.
- Take printout of the application form that is generated online,
- Attach it with one of these self attested documents
- Class 10 marksheet
- 10+12 certificate and marksheet
- DOB certificate
- 10+12 character certificate
- The documents can be sent through speed post to University Business School,UBS or PU,
- Or physically by hand at Room No.5 of UBS by June 20.
- The forms will be taken on all days including Saturdays and Sundays.
- You can send an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.