Panjab University Chandigarh has been ranked as the number 1 Science Institution of India. PU stands on the first position above all IITs and other prestigious science and research institutes like Tata, CSIR etc. This was revealed by famous “Nature” journal through their recent post “India by the Numbers”. It is not the first time that Panjab University has brought laurels to our city Chandigarh. Last year also PU Chandigarh was adjourned as Number 1 university in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
PU was established in the year 1882 and is one of the oldest universities of India. Despite being so old, Panjab University has moved on with latest technology and research on campus to shine as India’s top rated university. The top rank of PU throughout science and research institutes of India has made Chandigarh proud.
Panjab University Chandigarh has scored rank 1 after beating IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur and even IIS Bangalore. Here’s a complete list of top 10 science and research institutes of India.
Top 10 Science & Research institutes of India:
1. Panjab University, Chandigarh.
2. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
3. Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata.
4. CSIR Chemistry and Physics.
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
6. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
8. CSIR Industry and Standards
9. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
For more information, you may refer to the Nature post at: http://www.nature.com/news/india-by-the-numbers-1.17519